Protein or Weight Gainer

what would you recommend for growing the best mass but has the best side effects in the future. I hear a lot about if you take wight gainers it will just turn into fat once you get off of it. however I have noticed that there is more protein in one serving of weight gainer than there is in most protein shakes. What would be the best to gain solid mass weight gainer with high calories and high protein or protein shakes? Also I eat five times a day.

You eat five times a day…what the hell does that mean? Do you eat five 50 calorie meals or five 1000 calorie meals…saying you eat five meals a day doesn’t mean shit…more detail would be helpful.

Weight gain shakes are nothing more than protein powder with some type of sugar added. You’ll save money if you buy protein powder and add some extra calories yourself (i.e. peanut butter, banana, whatever…).

Or even better yet, spend your money on steak in bulk from Costco and chow down.

I think that weight gainers are only for those very skinny who really need to eat a lot more.
If it’s not your case just use proteins.

Weight gainers are crap. They are made of mostly sugar and low-quality protein. You’re better off buying a high-quality protein supplement like Metabolic Drive or Metabolic Drive Complete and then making it a “weight gainer” by mixing it with some high-quality ingredients. You can easily make them 500-1,000 calories and still taste good and have good quality protein and nutrients.

Natural peanut butter, nuts, cottage cheese, olive oil, fruit, yogurt and other ingredients can be combined to make a weight gainer shake that will be better than anything you can buy.

Yeah, I agree. Get some quality protein and mix it with other things, best shakes you will ever take.

I used to make shakes with 2 scoops of whey, 1/2 cup milk, 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream, and some natty peanut butter.

Id lay off of the ice cream though, unless it was post work out.

[quote]fightnight1 wrote:
I hear a lot about if you take wight gainers it will just turn into fat once you get off of it. [/quote]

??

Weight gainers turn to fat?

Are you trying to say that you hear (from whatever source) that any muscle gained while using a weight gainer will magically turn to fat once you stop taking said weight gainer?

Start reading everything you can about nutrition and how the human body processes food if you are told (and believe) that muscle can turn into fat.

which protein product would you recommend as being a good high quality protein? what brand? and what i ment by the weight gainer turning into fat i was not talking about the muscle you build but the extra calories. i know much on how protein in the body works.

[quote]fightnight1 wrote:
which protein product would you recommend as being a good high quality protein? what brand? and what i ment by the weight gainer turning into fat i was not talking about the muscle you build but the extra calories. i know much on how protein in the body works. [/quote]

I don’t think you know much at all.

If you take weight gainers for two months, then stop, are all the extra calories going to magically turn to fat? You gonna get a gainers belly after you stop?

Do you realize that you are on a site that sells high quality protein products at very good prices? That these very products were recommended to you a few posts ago?

Maybe if you knew as much as you think you could get enough nutrients and calories through your 5 meals a day and use “supplements” to augment your diet rather that become it.

Eat food for calories… use protein to get more protein or otherwise support your nutritional goals.

Don’t waste money on weight gainers… learn to eat.