Protein on the Go?

i am having a hard time finding a good protein drink for on the go. i thought muscle milk would be convenient but i read a lot of bad reviews about that stuff.
so, what would be a good ready to drink product?

I make my protein drink in the morning and bring it with me to the gym after work in a thermos. I toss in one or two ice cubes to keep it cold. I wouldn’t go with ready-to-drink products, since it’s probably cheaper to stick with powders.

[quote]Philly wrote:
i am having a hard time finding a good protein drink for on the go. i thought muscle milk would be convenient but i read a lot of bad reviews about that stuff.
so, what would be a good ready to drink product? [/quote]

T-Nation products are great so first i’m going to say Metabolic Drive or Metabolic Drive Complete. If you don’t want to try that i recommended blending oats in a coffee grinder and mixing that with whey and milk. Great high protein shake, complex carbs, fiber, and i take fish oil capsules with mine so I have healthy fats too.

muscle milk RTD’s do not use the glycocyamine, and that’s the bad review part, other than that, they’re fine.

the powders may have stopped using it as well.

if you want some food protein on the go, check out Ostrim Beef/Ostrich jerky

I second Digity. More bang for your buck this way also.

a trainer once told me that pre-mixing a protein shake is not good because it somehow looses it’s potency

what about muscle milk? did they take out that bad stuff or is it still in there? cause i like the taste!

[quote]Philly wrote:
a trainer once told me that pre-mixing a protein shake is not good because it somehow looses it’s potency
[/quote]

said trainer is mistaken.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Philly wrote:

said trainer is mistaken.
[/quote]

I have heard this also. I heard that Whey Isolates especially, when mixed with water, begin to break down and that it’s best to drink once mixing and not to pre-mix for later use.

I mix my ON whey with water and down right away. I dont see how using it later would hurt anything. I guess that is new info to me