T Nation

Protein Intake

I'm 17 years old and summer has now come around for me, which means baseball is over for a couple of months. I just joined LA Fitness and bought a protein supplement and creatine. I've read multiple articles etc discussing how much protein i should intake, and to put it simply, I'm confused.

I'm usually very active, i work out 7 days a week for a couple hours a day, and usually practice baseball atleast 5 x a week. Other than that i do about 10 hours of manual labor a week along with working at a grocery store.

My question is, How much protein do you think i should intake? Thx for the help and information

How much do you weigh? Are you trying to gain muscle mass? Without these answers, we have to guess. A good guess is 1 1/2 to 2 grams protein per pound lean mass.

You got tons of reading ahead of you man. As far as nutrition, look up John Berardi. Even go to his website www.johnberardi.com. Thats how I started learning. Its worth every article. Good luck.

yea i know i got alot of reading to do >.<. i've read a couple of John's articles, in which i will continue to read them.

I'm 5'11 210 lb roughly

Sounds like unless you share gear with Coleman and Cutler you'd probably be overtraining with 7 days of several hour workouts per day. 1.3-1.5 grams per lb of LEAN bodyweight is a good starting point. Don't neglect carbs especially with all the activity you do. A good starting point for carbs is 2-2.5 grams per lb of bodyweight. As you have been told read, read then read some more.