Protein Intake

Quick question. I am 260 and I have a body fat percentage of 18%. Does that mean that I have 46.8 pounds of fat? If so then i have 213 pounds of Lean Muscle. When taking my protein do i intake the amount of my Lean body weight which is 213 or my regular weight of 260?

your over thinking things. Yes if you are 18% BF at that weight, you have 46.8 lbs of fat. Technically only muscle weight is metabolically active, so you would use your LBM. The difference isn’t that significant, if significant at all.

what about the weight of the bones?

You have ~ 213 lbs of lean body mass (muscle, bone, water, digestive system contents, etc…) not just muscle - 213 lbs of muscle would make you a 500+ lb beast.

Traditionally people use lean body mass for protein calculations, but given that these are recommendation you can use either LBM or body weight.

A surplus of 50 grams of protein will not ruin your diet. In fact, it might help you grow faster as you are ingesting more protein to fuel your muscle growth. In the end, it all depends on what you want to do with your body.

Id shoot for 250-300g protein. More protein is rarely a bad thing, so long as it’s not more than half your diet.