T Nation

Protein Intake Question

Sorry if this one is comes off as too remedial, but is it as important to have a protein drink on days when you don’t lift as it is on days when you do?

In other words, should I be drinking my Grow! on off days too?

-Thanks

[quote]buckfu wrote:
Sorry if this one is comes off as too remedial, but is it as important to have a protein drink on days when you don’t lift as it is on days when you do?

-Thanks[/quote]

Yes

[quote]buckfu wrote:

-Thanks[/quote]

Its possible more important, but its certainly not less important or not important at all. In fact if you really want a boost in gains, getting up in the middle of night and having some Grow! would be a very cool thing to do. If you are trying to lose some fat though, maybe skip this idea, but for bulking, its good.

Do you eat food on your off days?

[quote]buckfu wrote:

-Thanks[/quote]

No. Better to eat as much as possible of the real stuff instead with the nutritional content intact instead of the powder. It’s cheaper, healthier, more satisfying and there is nothing in the protein drink that you can’t get from good food.

Of course, if you are a lazy guy, a protein drink is a much better option than skipping meals.