Protein in Egg Whites?

Now let’s say an egg contains 7g of protein. If I remove the yolk (cholesterol and fat) does that remove some of the protein with it? Just curious for when counting out my #s.

One large egg contains about 6.5 grams of protein, out of which egg white protein content is about 3.6 grams. 2.9 grams for the yoke. There’s a new search engine out called Google…Use it!

I’ll be first to tell you that you sound like Oprah with all the talk of egg yolk removal. Grow a set and do some research on the subject before you come in asking such a question.

Sorry, i’m sitting at work with my phone and when I googled it the search gave me all these web pages that opened funny so I didn’t see it. My bad. And damn i’ve been reading these forums for awhile and bonez has always been legit answers and now i’ve been ridiculed by him. Fml. I’ma go drown my sarrow by a eating a carton of eggs. WITH THE YOLKS.

Lol you’ll be fine.

I’m sure most will attest you got off easy as far as ridiculing goes.

Yea, keep the yolks, they make the taste much better and contain almost all of the health benefits that are attributed to eggs. Look up the facts about eggs and cholesterol, you will be surprised with how mislead the majority of the population has been.

Whole eggs are good. Oh and to answer your question there is roughly 3g of protein in the yolk.

[quote]Ironwarrior25 wrote:
Whole eggs are good. Oh and to answer your question there is roughly 3g of protein in the yolk.[/quote]

Don’t be an asshole, there is only 2.9g.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
Yea, keep the yolks, they make the taste much better and contain almost all of the health benefits that are attributed to eggs. Look up the facts about eggs and cholesterol, you will be surprised with how mislead the majority of the population has been.[/quote]

Whole eggs are a fine food choice. But the “whites versus whole” debate depends on caloric control and what kind of diet or meal the person wants to put together. Neither one is better than the other. That’s why I don’t like the “whole eggs are for men; whites are for wimps” saying. Dorian Yates and Mike Francois had 12 egg whites a day. I think it worked for them.

My breakfast calls for 40 grams of protein and 15 grams of fat. So I eat 7 egg whites, 1 yolk, and an ounce of full-fat cheese.

If I wanted to get all of that protein from whole eggs, that would provide 25 grams, not 15.

If one wants a near fat-free meal (eg, protein + carb meal), then they have to go with whites only.

Agreed Brick.

People go to extremes too much.

My wife has been eating egg whites for a few months now to help keep her protein high without going over her caloric limit, which is at most 1500 cals right now.

[quote]Wis31 wrote:
bonez has always been legit answers and now i’ve been ridiculed by him. Fml. I’ma go drown my sarrow by a eating a carton of eggs. WITH THE YOLKS. [/quote]

lmao.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Ironwarrior25 wrote:
Whole eggs are good. Oh and to answer your question there is roughly 3g of protein in the yolk.

Don’t be an asshole, there is only 2.9g.[/quote]

lol. These pricks love spreading misinformation.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
WestCoast7 wrote:
Yea, keep the yolks, they make the taste much better and contain almost all of the health benefits that are attributed to eggs. Look up the facts about eggs and cholesterol, you will be surprised with how mislead the majority of the population has been.

Whole eggs are a fine food choice. But the “whites versus whole” debate depends on caloric control and what kind of diet or meal the person wants to put together. Neither one is better than the other. That’s why I don’t like the “whole eggs are for men; whites are for wimps” saying. Dorian Yates and Mike Francois had 12 egg whites a day. I think it worked for them.

My breakfast calls for 40 grams of protein and 15 grams of fat. So I eat 7 egg whites, 1 yolk, and an ounce of full-fat cheese.

If I wanted to get all of that protein from whole eggs, that would provide 25 grams, not 15.

If one wants a near fat-free meal (eg, protein + carb meal), then they have to go with whites only. [/quote]

Totally agree, I just wanted to point out that the popular belief that eggs will kill you because of their high cholesterol content is far from true. From a caloric standpoint though you are entirely correct.

Pop Quiz: What’s the chemical precursor for numerous steroid hormones including Testosterone?

A. Cholesterol
B. Cholesterol
C. Cholesterol
D. I’m a pussy and I don’t eat yolks.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Pop Quiz: What’s the chemical precursor for numerous steroid hormones including Testosterone?

A. Cholesterol
B. Cholesterol
C. Cholesterol

[/quote]

I guess Dorian Yates was a pussy.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

A. Cholesterol
B. Cholesterol
C. Cholesterol

I guess Dorian Yates was a pussy. [/quote]

I guess Dorian Yates’ body didn’t fucking produce its own testosterone.

Really though you just said that?

Anyway eat the yolks.

EAT THE WHOLE EGG YOU Panzy!! End of thread. lol