Protein Ice Cream!

I just figured I would share this with everyone, and see if anyone else has been experimenting with making ice cream.

I recently have purchased a small icecream maker and have been turning my protein shakes into ice cream. Man it is great. Some better than others but damn good and you can make it as low carb as you like.

Adding protein powder, flax oil, flax seeds, nuts, coconut oil, unsweet cocoa, even oat meal and fruit, etc. I have been adding all types of stuff with some batches P+F and others P+C.

The small ice cream makers are quite easy also. No ice or salt, you just freeze the container and it takes around 20 mins. Then either eat it up or even better put it in the freezer as they detail and let it age for a few hrs. and let the flavors blend.

Just fig’d some might be interested.

Phill

I’ve done something similar,. no protein powder, but I used Equal instead of sugar, all cream instead of milk, and some natural peanut butter,. the result? some damn awsome no sugar, low carb ice cream (P+F dessert!)

What an awesome idea! I miss ice cream more than anything. Thanks for the tip!

no prob, just mix it up and grub down on some healthy Pro-cream. By the way just figd I would add that adding healthy fats to the P+F is indespensible to the texture, and taste damn good. Also I add fat free cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg whites and whole eggs quite a bit.

If you want any example recipes just ask. I have several that worked out pretty good.

Phil

Yeah, lets hear those recipes. Seems like a great idea to get in those extra grams of protein with every meal…

I will throw a few up later this evening when I have a few minutes. I cant seem to find a couple of them but will post what I find.

Still couldnt find my ones from a few weeks ago when I bought the ice cream maker. But I will post the ones I do have.

Just one thing i noticed is u really cant mees up on the ice cream. All have been great due to the fact I hadnt had it in so long. But of course some are better than others. The ones I am putting up were tastey.

Also I didnt count the gelatin in the protein total, or fiber in the carbs.

1 pack knox gelatin
14g coconut oil or flax oil
30g Protein Pdr
33 g Fat free cream Cheese
6g unsweet cocoa
1tsp xantham gum
1 TBSP instant coffee
2 tsp imitation vanilla extract
1/8 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp stevia
8 necta sweet tabs (could use splenda or other sweetner)
1 1/2 cups water
3 ice cubes

heat gelatin in 1/2 water, and cocoa and cinnamon in other half water (better to let cocoa soak in hot water for an hr or so) Gather all dry ingredients in a bowl, and the oil and extracts in a blender. Add the gelatin, cocoa, and water to blender and blend on high. Add the dry stuff and continue to blend. Helps to stir some because gum thickens it. After a minute or two add the three ice cubes and blend until no chunks. Add to ice cream maker and in about twenty mins. you got ice cream. Eat right away or even better to put in freezer for a few hrs and then eat.

K/cals 316, carbs 4.1g, Pro. 34g, fat 14g

1 pack rasberry gelatin
30g Protein Pdr
1oz peanuts
1tsp flax oil
7g flax meal
1 egg white
1/2 tsp xantham gum
dash stevia
dash salt
3/4 cup water
3 ice cubes
1/2 tsp imitation butter extract

Follow same as above with gelatin and water, dry, ice.

tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich.

K/cals 409, Carbs 4.52g, Pro. 39g, fat 22.3g

A P+C one

1 pack sugar free pudding
30g Protein Pdr
2 egg whites
226g fat free cot cheese
13 g wheat germ
14g oat meal
3 packs splenda
1/8tsp stevia
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4g cocoa
1 TBSP instant coffee
1/8 tsp almond extract
2 cups water
4 ice cubes

same as above except you heat the oat and germ in water.

k/cals 512, carbs 54g, Pro. 66g, fat 3.5g

Like I said I cant find the other few I made over the past few weeks. After I got it I went Ice Cream crazy.

Using egg yolks is good and helps consistancy as well as makes it rich. Change up the extracts, nuts, etc…

I pretty much started by using their book that came with it ad subbed in different ingredients. Pro. Pdr, cot. cheese and cream cheese for milk, sweetners instead of sugar etc…

One of the best was butter pecan, used egg yolks, pecans, pro pdr, and imitation butter extract. I cant find the damn thing.

Just experiment and enjoy!

Phil