Protein for Post-Workout Shakes

I ran out of my Surge, but I do have a container of whey/casein protein powder…So i went to the store and bought a bottle of glucose for 10 bucks…

Quick Question: Does Casein affect the rate of absorption of the whey? Or does the whey and casein absorb seperately? I am thinkging I can have the quick whey+glucose absorption and the casein will bridge the gap between my PW shake and PW meal (about hour after PW shake)…Please tell me if Im wrong and supply information if you have it…THanks.

-Anthony

No, the casein will not affect the whey’s absorption. They are two different proteins and unless they atomically fuse together, you’re fine. Drink up.

[quote]xvsanta42 wrote:
I ran out of my Surge, but I do have a container of whey/casein protein powder…So i went to the store and bought a bottle of glucose for 10 bucks…

Quick Question: Does Casein affect the rate of absorption of the whey? Or does the whey and casein absorb seperately? I am thinkging I can have the quick whey+glucose absorption and the casein will bridge the gap between my PW shake and PW meal (about hour after PW shake)…Please tell me if Im wrong and supply information if you have it…THanks.

-Anthony[/quote]

If you run out of Surge, just add hershey syrup to your Whey Protein…i had a respected Nutrionist tell me that doing so will give you the same insulin surge that your looking for…so until you get your hands on another bottle of Surge, you can just add the high sugar/carbs of syrup to your whey protein for your post workout shake…than have a nice solid meal about 40 minutes or so after…

alsoo…you dont need casein and whey if your going to eat your PW meal after your PW shake…its only an hour…Casein releases extremely slow, anywhere from 5-8 hours, its better for a nighttime shake, not between ur PW shake and PW meal…save it before bed or for a long day in class or work

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
No, the casein will not affect the whey’s absorption. They are two different proteins and unless they atomically fuse together, you’re fine. Drink up.[/quote]

the casein will slow down overall digestion though, so it’s not optimal for post-workout. they don’t have to be fused for it to effect absorption rate.

I’d say, use what you got, then get more Surge.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
the casein will slow down overall digestion though[/quote]

Hmm, this is very true. I like the idea that some guy above gave: mix some hershey syrup in. Rudimentary, but it’ll works wonders.