Protein for Bed

Considering that almost all of Berardi’s recipes in his new ebook contain 70 plus grams of protein per serving. I was thinking about upping my nighttime P+F meal from 40 to about 80 grams of protein. It will consist of 2 scoops Grow! plus some sort of other complete protein source.

Too much?

Damn! Did you even figure out how much you need per day and divide that up in 5-7 meals?

That depends upon your body mass, the type of protein you are ingesting, the quantity of protein you consume throughout the day, etc.

Supposing you are 200#, and aiming for 1.5 g/# protein, you would be consuming 300 grams of protein each day. If you split that up into five or six meals a day, 60-80 grams per meal would be right on track. Just make sure that the majority of your night-time protein is casein or some other slow-digesting protein. Low-Carb Grow! and cottage cheese are great for this.

Kudos for following the Berardi theory of cooking.

Speaking of which…

Is there anything that is bad in my night-time mix?

I use about a cup of whole milk, several spoonfulls of whole-milk yogurt, some flax meal, a tablespoon or two of olive oil, a tablespoon or two of peanut butter (natural, unsalted, unsweetened), a scoop of ON Pro-Complex PM (ON’s night-time formula with some aminos & stuff), plus two scoops of Low-Carb Grow!.

I throw it in a blender and it makes a very tasty little snack before bed. Opinions from the “pros” on anything that doesn’t belong?

[quote]michaelv wrote:
Speaking of which…

Is there anything that is bad in my night-time mix?

I use about a cup of whole milk, several spoonfulls of whole-milk yogurt, some flax meal, a tablespoon or two of olive oil, a tablespoon or two of peanut butter (natural, unsalted, unsweetened), a scoop of ON Pro-Complex PM (ON’s night-time formula with some aminos & stuff), plus two scoops of Low-Carb Grow!.

I throw it in a blender and it makes a very tasty little snack before bed. Opinions from the “pros” on anything that doesn’t belong?[/quote]

I would say you have too many carbs in your evening snack. I’d trash the milk and yogurt and use low-fat cottage cheese instead.

I was wondering about the sugar in the milk.

Why low-fat cottege cheese? Isn’t this the best time to get some fats? Yuck, I hate cottege cheese. Guess I’m going to have to learn to like it.

[quote]michaelv wrote:

Why low-fat cottege cheese? Isn’t this the best time to get some fats? Yuck, I hate cottege cheese. Guess I’m going to have to learn to like it.[/quote]

I prefer low-fat cottage cheese only because of the saturated fats. I’d rather get my saturated fats from MEAT. Mix chocolate Low-Carb Grow! with cottage cheese. Delicious.

[quote]bikemike wrote:
michaelv wrote:

Why low-fat cottege cheese? Isn’t this the best time to get some fats? Yuck, I hate cottege cheese. Guess I’m going to have to learn to like it.

I prefer low-fat cottage cheese only because of the saturated fats. I’d rather get my saturated fats from MEAT. Mix chocolate Low-Carb Grow! with cottage cheese. Delicious.[/quote]

Another option for cottage cheese is to blend it. I usualy have a drink before bed that consists of

3/4 cup lf cottage cheese
1 cup low carb milk
1 scoop Low-Carb Grow!
1 tbs flax oil

Good stuff.

La’
Redsol1

Tungsten

When I divide that up evenly I get stuffed to the gills by dinnertime. If however I stuff it down my gullet around bedtime its nicely processed while I sleep. My appetite sucks.

quick ? for you. How do you divy up your creatine and whey (i.e. Surge)
intake daily…what times, how much, etc.
thankx!