Protein Enhanced Beer

:slight_smile:

http://drinksurpassbeer.com/

Looks pretty cool. Having one or two with a meal every now and then would be alright. But I would imagine if you drink enough to get drunk then it would be just like any other beer (in its affects on the body). Pretty cool idea tho. Nice find

I think itā€™s an incredibly stupid idea. Just another example of food scientists getting carried away with making foods and beverages more ā€œfunctionalā€ to increase sales.

Iā€™d rather get my protein from common protein sources and choose my beer based on taste.

LOL!

ā€œ8x the protein of regular beer!ā€

On the Label:

Protein: 8g

and a good olā€™ 0.025 grams of fat!

WTF is the point of this shit?

Alcohol kills protein synthesis, so I donā€™t really give a shit if my beer has more protein or not. Iā€™m not drinking it to get swole, Iā€™m drinking it to get drunk. This reminds me of my dumbass friend who used to mix his protein shake with Baileys.

I love capitalism

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

Alcohol kills protein synthesis, so I donā€™t really give a shit if my beer has more protein or not. Iā€™m not drinking it to get swole, Iā€™m drinking it to get drunk. This reminds me of my dumbass friend who used to mix his protein shake with Baileys.[/quote]

I read somewhere at worst it will decrease protein synthesis by 30% although going by this forum it completely stops it.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

Alcohol kills protein synthesis, so I donā€™t really give a shit if my beer has more protein or not. Iā€™m not drinking it to get swole, Iā€™m drinking it to get drunk. This reminds me of my dumbass friend who used to mix his protein shake with Baileys.[/quote]

I read somewhere at worst it will decrease protein synthesis by 30% although going by this forum it completely stops it.[/quote]

It completely stops it not because it prevents the process of the actual synthesis, but because alcohol has a number 1. priority in the body for calories to burn, so instead of breaking down carbs, or fats, and in this case protein, it breaks down the alcohol to fuel the body. Because of this process - let me repeat myself - protein cannot be broken down! So the bio-availability of ā€˜undigestedā€™ protein becomes 0.
If you are ā€˜drunkā€™ (read: have alcohol in your body) for longer than it takes the body to pass the protein through part of the digestive system that handles breakdown of protein, then the protein will be pooped out as if it was useless.

Hope this helps.

I think Stifler was onto something like this back in the first American Pie.