Protein Drinks?

Do I drink this directly after lifting, or is the 10 minutes it takes to get to my house too long of a wait? Thanks.

[quote]PantherFB87 wrote:
Do I drink this directly after lifting, or is the 10 minutes it takes to get to my house too long of a wait? Thanks.[/quote]

If you dont drink it within 5 minutes of finishing your workout its pretty much useless.

You are doomed…studies have shown that driving 10 minutes directly after a workout puts you instantly in a catabolic state.

Unless you maturbate…to completion…on the way home.

Just kidding. Drink a shake on the way and eat a steak when you get home. Don’t be so dramatic.

I wouldn’t drink a protein shake right after lifting. I’d drink a formula that has a 2:1 ratio of fast-digesting carbs and whey protein. With BCAA’s, phenylalanine, glutamine and creatine.

[quote]Jimfound wrote:
Drink a shake on the way and eat a steak when you get home. Don’t be so dramatic. [/quote]

Unless he lives in another state, I wouldnt suggest eating a steak right when you get home. Or even an hour after. Right after you work out, your body needs simple carbs, whey, and BCAA’s (as previously stated) so buy Surge- and lots of it, its the shit.

Then, an hour or so later eat a meal consisting of protein and carbs.

Fat (in steak) will only slow the digestion of macronutrients, which is the opposite of what you want post workout.

For my carbs and protein post workout I just have a banana and some 100% whey in milk.

[quote]MisterAmazing wrote:
For my carbs and protein post workout I just have a banana and some 100% whey in milk.[/quote]

For your post workout shake, don’t mix the protein with milk. It will slow the digestion rate. Mix it with water.

Best post workout option = Surge

Second best = maltodextrine and dextrose with hydrolyzed / isolate whey (be sure to have at least a 2:1 ratio of simple carbs to protein)

Alright, I appreciate the advice. Thanks.