Protein Drink?

Years and years ago I used Metrx. Are there any other protein drinks out there that taste okay or better or should I stick with Metrx? I know there are better ones these days but if I can’t tolerate the taste I won’t drink it. I am mainly seeking a drink after workouts to add a bit more protein and calories to my diet. Thanks.
Amanda

You must be joking! Click on this thread and read.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=525024

Get your own protein and carbs and put it in a shaker bottle that you can buy at walmart for $1.49.

I do creatine, orange powdered gatorade, and vanilla whey. Tastes better than Jesus.

They also sell some stuff for post workout here too, in the store.

There are hundreds if protein drinks out there…I would first get a review on some before buying, alot of them have been debunked as fakes. I personally have some of the low carb dynamtize (one of the brands that were critized) after this I’m going straight for pure egg whites, and adding splenda.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Get your own protein and carbs and put it in a shaker bottle that you can buy at walmart for $1.49.

I do creatine, orange powdered gatorade, and vanilla whey. Tastes better than Jesus.

They also sell some stuff for post workout here too, in the store.[/quote]

Sorry, guy, but after tasting several products, I can humbly say that Biotest tastes the best, and doesn’t make me ill. That’s worth more than saving a few bucks.

[quote]kroby wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

They also sell some stuff for post workout here too, in the store.

Sorry, guy, but after tasting several products, I can humbly say that Biotest tastes the best, and doesn’t make me ill. That’s worth more than saving a few bucks.[/quote]

Haven’t tried Biotest’s products yet. Waiting for Flameout to get back in stock so I can make a bulk order. I like my current concoction well enough to leave well enough alone.

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to order some plain whey isolate and flavor it myself. I don’t need all the fancy additives just yet, just extra protein. It will take some experimenting but I’m sure I’ll come up with something. I was thinking cocoa powder, bananas and unsweetened soymilk. Don’t yell at me for the soymilk. Cow milk grosses me out. I know whey comes from it but it’s not as bad in my mind.
Amanda

If taste is your biggest concern, then you need to check out Biotest’s low carb Metabolic Drive. It tastes unbelievably good, and it is of the highest quality on the market.

For post-workout, Surge is excellent and tastes unbelievably great as well. It tastes like angel food cake and it’s packed with BCAA’s, glutamine, etc.

I don’t think I would suggest Surge for someone’s first taste of a protein drink. The original flavor doesn’t taste so good at first. But it does grow on you quickly.

I would suggest one of the fruit flavors of the low carb Metabolic Drive. The strawberry is GREAT!

Lol I gotta ask, Amanda were you aware that this site is owned and run by a supplement company who sells the top of the line protein shake?