Protein Digestion Question

Ok, i didnt know should i post this here or on the begginers forum ( cause i know some ppl will mock and make fun of this), but i was wondering how long does it take for a protein shake to enter the bloodstream ( protein shake with water not milk), and yes i know it depends on kind of shake and other things. but maybe some knows the answer or maybe even knows of a study that has been conducted.
Thanx in advance

Do you want someone to list the absorption time for every single type of protein that exists in powder form?

I can think of 10 different ones off hand.

lol no just ‘‘general’’ answer like most of it. i see this is harder to ask correctly then answer it but sorry im just interested in finding out

So you want me to average out the absorption times of all the different protein powders that exist? Is that general enough?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
So you want me to average out the absorption times of all the different protein powders that exist? Is that general enough? [/quote]

Yea - get to fukin’ work Bonez! ; )

It’s impossible to give a definite time for absorption, and there haven’t been a ton of scientific studies on the subject especially in regards to newer types of proteins like hydrolysates. Anyway here is a link to the full text that might help you.

http://www.pnas.org/content/94/26/14930.full

3.6457149 minutes then peaks at 19.965521 minutes give or take an hour or two.

is that metric mins or imperial mins ?

Slower > Fast

Micellar Casein > Casein > Food sources > Whey > Hydroslates

Other stuff consumed, such as fiber and fatty acids as well as general bulk, affect digestion and utilization speed greatly.

Personal variation and the current gastrointestinal state also affect utilization speed.

This vague answer is the most accurate you can get, any empirical numbers will not be accurate in all situations but only estimates. (These numbers can easily be googled)

thanx for answering silverhydra. i ask this cause i was thinking if it takes an hour or more, that i could take protein pre workout and it would enter bloodstream when im done, rather then taking it after and wait. again this was my opinion only if it took more time to work, not if it works fast

And what do these absorption rates have to do with progress?

ok i wanted to know will taking protein shakes pre workout help build more muscle and speed up recovery.

[quote]dodo888 wrote:
ok i wanted to know will taking protein shakes pre workout help build more muscle and speed up recovery. [/quote]

Try reading some articles.

Try it for a few months, and see if you see a difference.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
So you want me to average out the absorption times of all the different protein powders that exist? Is that general enough? [/quote]

LMFAO

[quote]dodo888 wrote:
ok i wanted to know will taking protein shakes pre workout help build more muscle and speed up recovery. [/quote

This shake made me grow

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Make-Home-made-Protein-Shake-62466806

[quote]Jack Squat wrote:

[quote]dodo888 wrote:
ok i wanted to know will taking protein shakes pre workout help build more muscle and speed up recovery. [/quote

This shake made me grow

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Make-Home-made-Protein-Shake-62466806[/quote]
I bet it made you grow !! .I didn’t get to see the end ,when she peeled the banana and held the egg i come in my pant’s .

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Don’t tell me you don’t know this off the top of your head man?! You know, like, everything.