Protein Denaturation In Sauna?

First of all I would like to say hello to all of T-Nation as this is my first post.

I understand the process of protein denaturation, and the function of a fever or induced fever in the sauna with viral denaturation. I was wonder what people thought about protein denaturation in the sauna; would a person need to worry about skeletal/smooth muscle denaturation in the sauna to a small extent with or without prolonged exposure?

I know that a prolonged induced tempuratures in the sauna can result in organ failure, but could the catabolic effects be harmful over time(days/months/years)?

Thanks.

Probably not an issue as long as you weren’t spending HOURS in a Sauna every day. If you were consistently putting your core temperature over 105 on a daily basis it might cause some problems.

The idea of the sauna is that you increase sweating and shit, your core temp shouldn’t differ dramatically.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

The idea of the sauna is that you increase sweating and shit, your core temp shouldn’t differ dramatically. [/quote]

It doesn’t take much of an increase in core temperature to induce a fever-like state. In my opinion for me the purpose of the sauna is immune health and its denaturing properties, if I wanted to sweat I would exercise.

I love saunas, but I’m skeptical of the immune boosting power of them. Your body runs a fever for several hours, if not an entire day in order to kill virii/whatever that has invaded your body. I doubt bumping yourself up to 102 for 20 minutes is going to have much effect.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
I love saunas, but I’m skeptical of the immune boosting power of them. Your body runs a fever for several hours, if not an entire day in order to kill virii/whatever that has invaded your body. I doubt bumping yourself up to 102 for 20 minutes is going to have much effect. [/quote]

Tell that to the Scandinavians. .

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
I love saunas, but I’m skeptical of the immune boosting power of them. Your body runs a fever for several hours, if not an entire day in order to kill virii/whatever that has invaded your body. I doubt bumping yourself up to 102 for 20 minutes is going to have much effect. [/quote]

Tell that to the Scandinavians. . [/quote]

Are scandanavians known for their superior immune systems on account of saunas?

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

I’m scandinavian, last time I was in a sauna was years ago… but the effect must have been really awesome because I almost never get sick…

[quote]ithyalgia wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

I’m scandinavian, last time I was in a sauna was years ago… but the effect must have been really awesome because I almost never get sick…[/quote]

oh my god that is an awesome avatar

Hitting the sauna at the first sign of cold/flu has worked for me for over 10 yrs. Along with extra sleep at the same time, I haven’t been sick more that once or twice since I installed & started using it.