T Nation

Protein Cookie Dough

So, in my desperation to have cookie dough that isn’t bad for I you, came up with this recipe:

2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 egg
1/2 tbs butter
1 tbs safflower/ oil of your choice
2 pinches salt
1 tbs natty pb
a 20 cc scoop of splenda
Da Vinci’s sugar free cookie dough syrup

Mix it in a bowl and you’re good to go. Lemme know what you guys think if you make it.

Also, it’s about 500 calories, 60 grams of protein, 3 carbs and 24ish grams of fat.

That sounds amazing.

rubs chin

How about swapping the chocolate protein powder for vanilla… could even add vanilla essence…
And throwing in a small volume of super dark chocolate chips?

Also - have you tried baking/frying lumps of it?

I haven’t tried baking it, but I was considering frying it. I’m just worried it won’t be as tasty.

If you swap in the vanilla, lemme know how it goes. I don’t have any of that flavor at home.

looks good. how much of the cookie dough syrup do you use?

I waiting for somebody to try it, better yet bake/fry them. Can you freeze until hard then put in fridge?

[quote]Crow wrote:
I waiting for somebody to try it, better yet bake/fry them. Can you freeze until hard then put in fridge?[/quote]

I keep meaning to, but I always end up eating the damn things. I hope someone with more restraint can let us know.

On a side note, adding an extra scoop of protein and another egg change the consistency and make it creamier but in a way good way.

Okay I’m convinced I’m making some tommorrow I even have cookies n cream protein powder!

[quote]danew wrote:
looks good. how much of the cookie dough syrup do you use?[/quote]

That’s a bit tricky, I just eyeball it till it reaches the consistency I want. I’d say about 4 tbs or so.

Okay, just baked the cookies at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. They came out a bit dry for me, but my roommate seemed to like them. If you’re going to bake them, I’d suggest either an extra egg or some more butter.

I have some almond flour leftover from making almond milk, I’m going to see if I can work this into the cookie recipe.

Almond flour worked perfectly for baking it. Took about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees, depending on how soft you want them.

can you post the revised recipe or whatever with the almond flour? thanks

[quote]CHWEASEL wrote:
can you post the revised recipe or whatever with the almond flour? thanks[/quote]

Preheat oven to 350

2 scoops chocolate (banana works well too) protein powder
2 eggs
1/2 tbs butter
1 tbs safflower/ oil of your choice
2 pinches salt
2 tbs natty pb
a 20 cc scoop of splenda
1 cup of almond meal/flour
Da Vinci’s sugar free cookie dough syrup

Mix in big bowl.
Spread out on baking sheets, try to get them thin so that they outside will cook the same as the inside.
Bake for 15-25 minutes depending on how soft you want the cookies.