Protein Bread

Anybody used the above? Its protein bread, here’s the important stats,

Per 2 slices.

Energy (kcal)289
Protein 30.5g
Carbohydrate 27.95g
Fat 4.8g

I love bread, normally try to limit myself, but this seems a great way to get in the protein and keep the carbs low. Just ordered a few loafs to try it out.

Anyway else used it, have any results or thoughts on it, be interested to know what you got out of it.

PS: they do protein pasta to, so ordered a bag of that, 50g a serving.

[quote]gettin old wrote:

Anybody used the above? Its protein bread, here’s the important stats,

Per 2 slices.

Energy (kcal)289
Protein 30.5g
Carbohydrate 27.95g
Fat 4.8g

I love bread, normally try to limit myself, but this seems a great way to get in the protein and keep the carbs low. Just ordered a few loafs to try it out.

Anyway else used it, have any results or thoughts on it, be interested to know what you got out of it.

PS: they do protein pasta to, so ordered a bag of that, 50g a serving.[/quote]

Seems kind of like a waste.

You could instead get something like this for $3-4/loaf

http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=754

Pepperidge Farm® Fresh Breads & Rolls
Light Style Seven Grain Bread

Nutrition Facts*
Amount per Serving (serving size) = 3 slices

Calories 130
Fat Calories 10
Total Fat 1g
Sat. Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsat. Fat 0g
Monounsat. Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 220mg
Total Carb. 26g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugars 3g

And then load it up with high quality proteins with the $20+ you saved in the bread.

It looks pretty similar to just eating two pieces of bread and then a scoop of protein powder right? Personally, that’s probably cheaper and what I’d do. Or just put some meat in between the bread and wah-la, protein.

EDIT: keep the carbs low? That’s the exact same amount of carbs as 2 normal slices of bread. It literally looks like they just put a scoop of protein in it and raised the price.

Fair one, totally agree with slamming meat in normal bread for a high protein sandwich. Only trying it because I used to love snacking on toast and one of my fave breakfasts is egg on toast, it is expensive though, wont be on my menu often i’m guessing.

Anyway tried it this morning, toasted. Its actually OK, obviously I’ve tasted better breads, but it wasn’t bad.

One thing i did notice, 2 slices and 2 eggs and i felt stuffed, that’s not the norm for that amount, im usually craving something else, hour later im still fine, so thats good.

Anyway, cheers for the responses, enjoy your weekend all.

[quote]staystrong wrote:
It looks pretty similar to just eating two pieces of bread and then a scoop of protein powder right? Personally, that’s probably cheaper and what I’d do. Or just put some meat in between the bread and wah-la, protein.

EDIT: keep the carbs low? That’s the exact same amount of carbs as 2 normal slices of bread. It literally looks like they just put a scoop of protein in it and raised the price.[/quote]

I guess I should have looked closer a?? I was won over with the big writing…