Protein & Blood Pressure

My dad has been freaking out saying that I should stop taking whey because it will give me diabetes and high blood pressure. Some nurse at a hospital told him that many teenagers that eat vitamins and protein have high blood pressure. What should I tell my dad?

Heh… my doctor just told me to up my salt intake (Which I already smother my food in). Because my blood pressure is too low, and I lift take vitams and drink whey all day.

As far as high blood pressure I do not know. But i am pretty certain it will not give you diabetes. That ice cream that is probably in your freezer will do more damage than whey would.

I eat over 300 grams of protein a day including 120+ grams from whey, use hell nearly a lb a salt a week and have nearly to low BP and that even after packing on 60+ lbs in two years, Blood glucose is better then ever, in short tell the doc to get educated prior to spreading scare tactics

Phill

Found this a few weeks ago. Give it read:

Milk protein-derived peptide inhibitors of angiotensin-I-converting
enzyme. British Journal of Nutrition (2000), 84, Suppl. 1, S33?S37

Numerous casein and whey protein-derived angiotensin-I-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory peptides/hydrolysates have been identified. Clinical trials in hypertensive animals and humans show that these peptides/hydrolysates can bring about a significant reduction in hypertension.

Download the full text pdf here:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/cabi/bjn/2000/00000084/900000s1/art00006

I’m 14 right do I need supplements?