Protein Before Sleep

My final meal is at about 8 oclock and I usually go to sleep between 10 and half past. Would it be a good idea to get some more protein in before sleepy time? And is it important what kind it is?

Casein is more slowly digested, but you have to be aware of what type of casein it is. It has to be micellar casein, which is natural casein; it?s not heat damaged. Casein is best taken before bed like you want. My personal recommendation would be Optimum Nutrition Casein… I love the chocolate flavour personally. It’s the best treat in the world before bed :slight_smile:

Metabolic Drive is by far the best on the market.

Never heard of that stuff, but just researched it and the reviews look pretty amazing. Might consider buying a tub.

[quote]Mupton wrote:
Never heard of that stuff, but just researched it and the reviews look pretty amazing. Might consider buying a tub.[/quote]

U trollin? SRSLY?

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

[quote]Mupton wrote:
Never heard of that stuff, but just researched it and the reviews look pretty amazing. Might consider buying a tub.[/quote]

U trollin? SRSLY? [/quote]
Join date Feb 2012 and level 0. Probably serious.

[quote]Chrispy61 wrote:
My final meal is at about 8 oclock and I usually go to sleep between 10 and half past. Would it be a good idea to get some more protein in before sleepy time? And is it important what kind it is?[/quote]

I drink 60g of Metabolic Drive every day before bed. I’m not saying you should do that much, but 40g before bed would be a great idea. Especially if you’re skinny; 60g would probably be better w/milk in that case.

Mix 1 cup of cottage cheese, water, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and 1 scoop of casein powder. Let it freeze in the freezer and have this ice cream concoction anytime before bed. Fire.

[quote]gkeeper24 wrote:
Mix 1 cup of cottage cheese, water, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and 1 scoop of casein powder. Let it freeze in the freezer and have this ice cream concoction anytime before bed. Fire. [/quote]

Make sure it’s natural PB, mix up the natty PB, water and cottage cheese first. Add the casein powder or whey if you don’t have casein and add water if needed. Put in the freezer, like an hour before you plan on eating it. Check on it in about 40ish minutes and stab it with a fork. Repeat the process in 15 minutes.

[quote]Mupton wrote:
Casein is more slowly digested, but you have to be aware of what type of casein it is. It has to be micellar casein, which is natural casein; it?s not heat damaged. Casein is best taken before bed like you want. My personal recommendation would be Optimum Nutrition Casein… I love the chocolate flavour personally. It’s the best treat in the world before bed :slight_smile: [/quote]

Why would sodium or calcium caseinate have a markedly different absorption curve than micellar?

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

[quote]Mupton wrote:

Join date Feb 2012 and level 0. Probably serious.[/quote]

Yes serious…

[quote]Mupton wrote:

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

[quote]Mupton wrote:

Join date Feb 2012 and level 0. Probably serious.[/quote]

Yes serious… [/quote]

Incase you still havent worked it out. Biotest are the people who run this site.

Another holy crap moment is that Jamie133 has been a member for 10 years and only made 6 posts. Wowzas.

My mind is so full of fuck right now!!

[quote]sexyxe wrote:

Another holy crap moment is that Jamie133 has been a member for 10 years and only made 6 posts. Wowzas. [/quote]

LOL!

[quote]Chrispy61 wrote:
My final meal is at about 8 oclock and I usually go to sleep between 10 and half past. Would it be a good idea to get some more protein in before sleepy time? And is it important what kind it is?[/quote]

I guess it depends on your goals but I’ve never seen a big nasty motherfucker who wouldn’t tell you to get some protein right before hitting the sack.

Yes and slow digesting.