Protein Bars

Has anyone tried the new Champion Nutrition protein bars. I haven’t eaten a protein bar in several months because most are complete garbage but these look good on paper. 32 g protein, 14 g carbs, and 5 g fat all for 230 calories which must mean no glycerine. I haven’t seen the ingredients however. Does anyone on the T-mag stuff know how the Grow bars will be in terms of macronutrient profile and when they might be available?

I’ve had the new Champion bars and they didn’t appear any different than other “protein” bars. The vast majority of these things are practically identical, once you get past the games they play on the label. As far as taste, I’d rate them as “average”, which isn’t anything to get excited about. I sure hope the Grow! bar is available soon.

I don’t know if I trust that label. Glycerine and Maltitol are listed as ingredients. Even if they are being counted as carbs (which the calorie count implies), that’s an awefully small amount of sweetness for a protein bar that doesn’t include any artificial sweeteners like sucralose or ace-K. These bars seem all but identical to pure protein, solid protein, etc. bars which do not count their glycerine in the carb count, but do have the calories counted. What am I saying? I’m saying that I’d bet dollars to dimes that a lab assay would show something screwy with those bars!