Protein Bar Poll. Win Supps!

EAS cookies and cream

I had liked the EAS lo-carb bars, but they changed the name on them, so I don’t know what they are called now. The apple-cinnamon was pretty good.

The canteen at work used to sell a high-protein /lo-carb cookie. It used whey protein and was almost bearable. It didn’t sell real well.

Cliff Bars are great for refueling and maintaining some energy (like between events at comp) but are more balanced with carbs/protein than a true “protien” bar so I don’t know if that’s what you are looking for. They are the best “energy” bar I’ve found.

Might be worth checking out.

From a nutritional standpoint I would say:

Optimum Nutrition Protein Diet bar.

Met-Rx

Met-Rx
and the next Nutrition bars (before I heard about the label claim problems)

I’ve tried different brands but have never purchased or used bars on a regular basis. I have used them only when I’ve been in a hurry to get some protein and unable to eat a real meal. I’ve found that most aren’t great tasting (although the layered versions from Next Nutrition were not bad). So I generally go for the cheapest high protein bar (from a company I trust) I can find.

BTW I generally prefer to get RTDs instead of protein bars. I LOVE RTDs! The fruity kind are so delicious (not the milk-shake type). I use to love the American Bodybuilding brand (critical mass and XXL where my favs). But we don’t get them in Canada anymore :frowning:
I hate to admit it but the Nitrotech RTDs taste awesome too (sorry t-mag).

PLEASE COME OUT WITH AN RTD!

hands down:

Met-rx cookie dough

Met-Rx Cookie Dough is yummy, but very dry

odyssy bars are my favourite tasting low carb bars if I get stuck somewhere without food. They taste way too good though (better than the original detour) and I would be surprised if label claims are even close to accurate. It has to be a case of ‘if it’s too good to be true, it probably is’.

MET-RX Cookie Dough. However, I do need a tall glass of milk to get it down.

MET-RX protein plus or chocolate chip cookie dough if I want more carbs. Of course, a Snickers might be about as good as the cookie dough bar if it had more protein:)

met-rx Protine Plus

JMB

Met rx cookie dough

Or grow in a shaker bottle

my favorite were the grow bars but now I usually eat labrada or detour

Not big on any of them I’ve tried meso tech and eas and I thought they tasted gross.

Met-Rx Cookie Dough

Met-RX Protein Plus (Chocolate Fudge)

Don’t trust any of them.

If I want protein I take a shake. A Snickers or Bounty is great if I want some sweets!

Met-rx Protein plus bars have a decent taste and plenty of protein. I choose the met-rx bar.

Symetry from Vitamin World. taste/texture aren’t bad, and they use whey protein instead of soy.