T Nation

Protein and H20

I usually drink my shakes with juice or fruit but what is the best protein powder to use with H20 . I’ve been using muscle milk banana with skim but would like to cut the milk. Whats everybody like. Just wondering.

Optimum whey mixes easily with water. It tastes like crap. Of course.

HMMMM??? How about the Proteins sold in the store here. Metabolic Drive Chocolate and Vanilla being my top choices.

Phil,

Do the Biotest brands mix as easily as Optimum? I have only had the oppurtunity to try Spike thus far and most of the Biotest stuff is unknown to me.

How thick does the Biotest supps mix. I know the optimum is pretty thin, then again it is mixed with H20. I also use Spike and Alpha Male. I just havn’t made the complete Biotest jump.

[quote]Phill wrote:
HMMMM??? How about the Proteins sold in the store here. Metabolic Drive Chocolate and Vanilla being my top choices.
[/quote]

i would have to agree with phill on this one. the Metabolic Drive has a very good taste and mixes very easy with water.

Mixes great with a spoon, taste a LOT better then that ON crap and is somewhat thicker even in water.

How’s the Surge with H20 ?

Yo,

Metabolic Drive is the only protein shake that I actually look forward to drinking. Some other proteins may taste alright, but get you no volume. The Metabolic Drive I mix it with enough water to actually be filled and still taste like the flavor. HDT tastes good and mixes well, but it gets thin with too much water.

As for mixing Surge, you shouldnt mix it with anything but water.

Josh

In my experience, Metabolic Drive doesn’t mix with water and a spoon as easily as ON Whey, but that’s because it comes out much thicker. Although people will always point you to the chocolate and vanilla flavors, I’m doing the velocity diet right now and am loving the banana and orange creme flavors. Although chocolate and vanilla might be better for mixing with other ingredients (E.G., oatmeal, peanut butter, etc.), with just plain water I think orange or banana might be the best.

Before I switched to Biotest, I liked ON Whey chocolate. It was easy to mix and tasted good IMO. After using Metabolic Drive for the last 6 months, I can barely stand the taste. Give Metabolic Drive a shot.

[quote]NHB 1 wrote:
How’s the Surge with H20 ?[/quote]

Great. You shouldn’t drink Surge with anything but water (and creatine). It’s not meant to be mixed with anything. Mixing it with milk or juice will actually make it less “potent”.

I like banana so I guess I’ll give it a try thanks .

I drink a lot of 100% whey gold standard, almost always buy vanilla, and mix it with something like crystal light drink mix and some water. Lemonade works really good believe it or not. Vanilla wheys usually taste pretty good mixed with a fruit flavor because it’s not very strong. The chocolate flavors do not work like this though, strawberry almost the same. You can do it with pretty much any good-tasting fruit flavored drink mix though. It all depends on if you want to add sugar or not though. Something like the strawberry-lemonade country time mix is really good with either vanilla or strawberry.

But most of the time I go with 2~3 scoops vanilla whey, some crystal light mix and put it in a used gatorade bottle filled 2/3 with water and it works perfect.

And I have never actually bought the isopure whey so I do not know what that tastes like, but judging from their premixed drinks you can buy, it is pretty damn good no matter what flavor and should be ok with water.

I have tried the strawberry isopure and I mixed it with fruit punch gatorade. I got sick of it and can’t even drink strawberry isopure anymore.

[quote]AdmSam wrote:
In my experience, Metabolic Drive doesn’t mix with water and a spoon as easily as ON Whey, but that’s because it comes out much thicker. Although people will always point you to the chocolate and vanilla flavors, I’m doing the velocity diet right now and am loving the banana and orange creme flavors. Although chocolate and vanilla might be better for mixing with other ingredients (E.G., oatmeal, peanut butter, etc.), with just plain water I think orange or banana might be the best.

Before I switched to Biotest, I liked ON Whey chocolate. It was easy to mix and tasted good IMO. After using Metabolic Drive for the last 6 months, I can barely stand the taste. Give Metabolic Drive a shot.[/quote]

ON Whey mixes better because it’s crappy protein that comes out thinner than the water by itself.

I do agree that the non-traditional flavors are the best. Banana is by far my favorite. I find myself “saving” it and nursing the tub to prevent using it all up before the others I have.