T Nation

Protein Allergies?

Is it possible to develop these over time? I’ve been using Surge and Metabolic Drive for years, and recently, I’ve been getting odd reactions, feeling like I’m going to throw up.

Does anyone have to rotate their protein powders? I know Charles Poliquin had mentioned this in one of his articles.

[quote]Paul222 wrote:
Is it possible to develop these over time? I’ve been using Surge and Metabolic Drive for years, and recently, I’ve been getting odd reactions, feeling like I’m going to throw up.

Does anyone have to rotate their protein powders? I know Charles Poliquin had mentioned this in one of his articles. [/quote]

Same thing happened to me. I don’t know if it’s an allergy or what. I actually was throwing up.

I tried every protein brand out there and they all did it. No more shakes for me. I’ve had some rice protien shakes ala poliquin’s recomendation and they were fine.

So maybe it is an allergy. Actually, another shake I don’t use much but can tolerate is original metrx. I guess it’s ‘low’ quality proteins don’t trigger the allergy. I seem to have a problem with all the high quality caseins and whey’s out there.

Oh well, food is better anyway. Though it’s really tough to diet without the shakes.