Protein Absorption Per Meal

I was reading the worst advice thread earlier and there was a brief discussion about how much protein the body can digest at a time. Of course, the body will digest it all, but I’m curious to know how much the body will absorb and use for muscle repair and growth.

I’ve never thought about how much protein I get in a meal. Just how much for a daily total. Some meals, I eat as little as 10 grams, and some as high as 70 grams.

Of course, many factors will take into affect how much the body can absorb. Height, weight, etc. I’m looking for your opinions on this subject. If any of you have found any credible research done on the subject or any links for some information it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

As much as it needs… which depends on a lot of things.

However, there is a time component to this, which is related to the time component involved in the digestion process itself.

I doubt there are really any definitive answers out there…

[quote]vroom wrote:
As much as it needs… which depends on a lot of things.

However, there is a time component to this, which is related to the time component involved in the digestion process itself.

I doubt there are really any definitive answers out there…[/quote]

The only thing I would add to that is, I truly believe that the size of the individual is a large factor. I regularly drink protein shakes with over 70gr of protein in them. I am sure that would have been overboard when I was much smaller.