Protein Absorption in One Sitting?

You can only absorb 29.99 grams of protein per sitting. It’s ideal to eat this amount with 0.9 bananas. You’ll get huge.

[quote]randman wrote:
You can only absorb 29.99 grams of protein per sitting. It’s ideal to eat this amount with 0.9 bananas. You’ll get huge.[/quote]

thank you. It’s ridiculous to think the body works in such minute ways. According to some it would absorb 29.99 just fine, but that last .01 or any more would go unused. Unbelievable how gullible people are

im going off what has worked for alot of my customers ive been in the industry for years im going off expereince. and what seems to work for most of the people ive worked with.

im tryin to help someone out i couldnt give a fuck if some of you guys wanna waste time talking shit instead of healping people. who gives a shit how much you intake if you dont utilize it who gives a fuck.

at least westclock understands what the fuck im tryin to pay its nice to know someone actually gives a shit.

[quote]NaturalBeast275 wrote:
at least westclock understands what the fuck im tryin to pay its nice to know someone actually gives a shit.[/quote]

Trying to put a generic # on an item is just a waste of time. Who are we talking about here? A 6’6 350 pound NFL lineman is going to be able to “absorb more protein in 1 sitting” than your average 130 pound computer programmer.

If you are a 170 lb guy who is pretty active and is on a ‘clean bulk’ eating 30% of calories from protein, on a 3000 cal a day diet, 3000 calories * 30% = 900 calories / 4 = 225 grams of protein a day. Divide that up over 6 meals, that leaves 37.5 grams of protein per meal. Are you really going to stick to some ‘magic’ 20-30 number? Personally I’d go with the 37.5…

good for you

[quote]NaturalBeast275 wrote:
im going off what has worked for alot of my customers ive been in the industry for years im going off expereince. and what seems to work for most of the people ive worked with.

im tryin to help someone out i couldnt give a fuck if some of you guys wanna waste time talking shit instead of healping people. who gives a shit how much you intake if you dont utilize it who gives a fuck.
[/quote]

what works for your customers? In this industry? dude, you work at a supplement store.

For one, you come on here trying to spout off some shit about specific #s and even wanted studies to back up some claims. You thus called on your BS and don’t have any evidence for your big mouth.

The other guy while he was being helpful and not trying to post dumb crap like you, he wasn’t really answering the original question.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

its not really anything to do with absorption so much as just splitting it up.

You are missing the point of this post along with what we’re debating.

[/quote]

Oh I know exactly what is being debated, Its a completely pointless debate, just because you could absorb 300 grams of protien or even a 100 grams in one sitting means nothing, because you certainly cant use that much.

If you cant use the protien then its just wasted. Im not at all interested in the theoretical limit of when you start shitting out undigested food.

Im merely answering his specific question on where the 30 grams a meal number came from.

That number has almost nothing to do with absorption, its just how its usually split with how most people eat.

[quote]Westclock wrote: Oh I know exactly what is being debated, Its a completely pointless debate, just because you could absorb 300 grams of protien or even a 100 grams in one sitting means nothing, because you certainly cant use that much.

If you cant use the protien then its just wasted. Im not at all interested in the theoretical limit of when you start shitting out undigested food.

Im merely answering his specific question on where the 30 grams a meal number came from.

That number has almost nothing to do with absorption, its just how its usually split with how most people eat.
[/quote]

I probably should have been clearer when I asked my question - I’m much more interested in how much your body can effectively use in one sitting. I don’t really know why everyone is getting worked up over this though…

[quote]challer1 wrote:
NaturalBeast275 wrote:
at least westclock understands what the fuck im tryin to pay its nice to know someone actually gives a shit.

Trying to put a generic # on an item is just a waste of time. Who are we talking about here? A 6’6 350 pound NFL lineman is going to be able to “absorb more protein in 1 sitting” than your average 130 pound computer programmer.

If you are a 170 lb guy who is pretty active and is on a ‘clean bulk’ eating 30% of calories from protein, on a 3000 cal a day diet, 3000 calories * 30% = 900 calories / 4 = 225 grams of protein a day. Divide that up over 6 meals, that leaves 37.5 grams of protein per meal. Are you really going to stick to some ‘magic’ 20-30 number? Personally I’d go with the 37.5…[/quote]

So it really doesn’t matter at all, provided each meal is relatively balanced? This is much clearer, thank you for clarifying.

Anyone get links to studies on protein absorption in one go?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
NaturalBeast275 wrote:

what works for your customers? In this industry? dude, you work at a supplement store.

For one, you come on here trying to spout off some shit about specific #s and even wanted studies to back up some claims. You thus called on your BS and don’t have any evidence for your big mouth.

The other guy while he was being helpful and not trying to post dumb crap like you, he wasn’t really answering the original question.

[/quote]

rofl

Aye I’m really not seeing much value in natural beast’s typing ability either. I feel like I’m reading the posts of a 15 year old.

fuck u duedz u no nuffin!!!

etc.

Natural man all we were asking for is for some studies to back up what you are saying - thats generally how things work around here and what seperates us from some quite frankly lame communities out there.

We deal with facts and controlled observations - not opinions and gut-feelings.

Now posting about something you had heard and asking for confirmation from studies people have stumbled across is another thing altogether!

[quote]Westclock wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

Oh I know exactly what is being debated, Its a completely pointless debate, just because you could absorb 300 grams of protien or even a 100 grams in one sitting means nothing, because you certainly cant use that much.

[/quote]

Why not? I think everyone is so different that we should all go out and try various amounts of protein both over the day and in one sitting. I personally respond well to eating huge amounts of protein, I have gone as high as eating 3lbs of meat two protein shakes +2 glasses of milk in a day for two weeks. Nothing but positive results to report.

If you want to know why I don’t do that still, three reasons, cost, time and indigestion. It is hard and time consuming to eat that much meat in one day.

If you eat it your body’s probably going to use it somewhere. Your body uses the shit out of certain amino acids.

Worst case you shit some of it out, no biggie.

depends how long you’re sitting for…

I asked the question in another thread like this, but wouldn’t this supposed “limit” on protein absorption make things like Betaine HCL and Bromelain useless? Both of which have been touted by a couple of different T-Nation authors on helping with protein absorption as well as digestion.

So, the common person thinks that low fat is good, low carb is great, and low protein is even better! Just what the fuck are these people eating?!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
So, the common person thinks that low fat is good, low carb is great, and low protein is even better! Just what the fuck are these people eating?!

[/quote]

grass

[quote]klochinator wrote:
depends how long you’re sitting for…[/quote]

haha winner!

Came across this while googling around

http://www.humankinetics.com/eJournalMedia/pdfs/5642.pdf

Maybe it gives some new insight.