Protein Absorption in One Sitting?

I’ve been curious about this for a while, I’ve heard things from 30 to 50 at the gym. Does anybody know the upper limit, or whenever it starts to become excessive? Thanks.

In one sitting your body can absorb as much as you can eat in one sitting. Which is usually 30-100g. The question is where will all of that go…

And the answer depends on what you’re doing at the time. Post workout you can do whatever you want and at least most of it will get utilized properly.

For a sedative person the body can only utilize 20 grams every two hours for an active person about 30 when the body is lacking (post workout)you can utlze alot more it will always depend on bodywight and muscle size the body cannot absorb more than 70 grams at one time that why when people intake to much protein thay shit there brains out.

it also depends on the type of protein. if its a crappy concentrate you can take 100 grams if you want because your only absorbing 40-70 grams, if its a pure isolate you would absorb 99 percent of it, so you wouldnt have to take as much.

[quote]Majin wrote:
In one sitting your body can absorb as much as you can eat in one sitting. Which is usually 30-100g. The question is where will all of that go…

And the answer depends on what you’re doing at the time. Post workout you can do whatever you want and at least most of it will get utilized properly. [/quote]

You can absorb ALOT more then that, I think Thib or one of the authors said it was as much as 300grams.

Your second part is more important though. If you absorb all the protein and it has no place good to go then its going to get stored as fat.

How much protein do you need? I think you’re worrying too much, unless you require more than 400g+ protein a day. And even then, I’d just take some probiotics and try to ease my mind.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
How much protein do you need? I think you’re worrying too much, unless you require more than 400g+ protein a day. And even then, I’d just take some probiotics and try to ease my mind.[/quote]

I only need about 180-200g a day. Just curious about what would be optimal, I have a bad tendency to eat meals later in the day because of school and I don’t want that to negatively affect me.

people usually use 30 as a “optimum” on the assumption that you space it out every 1-2 hours.

please somone sent me a link to a scientific study that proves your body can absorb 100+ grams of protein in one sitting.

[quote]NaturalBeast275 wrote:
please somone sent me a link to a scientific study that proves your body can absorb 100+ grams of protein in one sitting.[/quote]

Just because it can absorb it doesn’t mean it can use it.

please somone sent me a link to a scientific study that proves your body can absorb 100+ grams of protein in one sitting.[/quote]

I’d like to see where the 20-30 grams in one sitting came from first.

You hear it everywhere but I’ve never seen anything substantiating it…

How about we all just eat meat regularly and not give a shit about how much we can absorb at one time?

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
NaturalBeast275 wrote:
please somone sent me a link to a scientific study that proves your body can absorb 100+ grams of protein in one sitting.

You hear it everywhere but I’ve never seen anything substantiating it…[/quote]

Exaclty. Some dickhead once tried telling me it’s 50g a day.

Uhuh.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
IronAbrams wrote:
NaturalBeast275 wrote:

Exaclty. Some dickhead once tried telling me it’s 50g a day.

Uhuh.[/quote]

LOL!

No, do an article search, if your lazy look through my posts, it will be back a few pages.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
How about we all just eat meat regularly and not give a shit about how much we can absorb at one time?[/quote]

agreed.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
How about we all just eat meat regularly and not give a shit about how much we can absorb at one time?[/quote]

I’m with stupid.

Wait…

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
NaturalBeast275 wrote:

You hear it everywhere but I’ve never seen anything substantiating it…[/quote]

Its 20-30 just because we generally have what 6 meals a day with 50 grams whey PWO and probably 50 grams preworkout.

So on your 6 whole food meals you just need to average out to 30 to get your daily 300 grams.

its not really anything to do with absorption so much as just splitting it up.

send me a study to prove otherwise.

who fucking cares really. it’s protein.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
IronAbrams wrote:
NaturalBeast275 wrote:

Its 20-30 just because we generally have what 6 meals a day with 50 grams whey PWO and probably 50 grams preworkout.

So on your 6 whole food meals you just need to average out to 30 to get your daily 300 grams.

its not really anything to do with absorption so much as just splitting it up.[/quote]

You are missing the point of this post along with what we’re debating.

This is really complicated. I’m going to assume ‘not over 50g’ and go cook my steak.