Protein Absorbtion?

Hey all
I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a certain limit for the bodys ability to absorb protien in a single sitting?

I dont want to be makeing my shakes too strong and be possibly wasteing some.

Thanks

NO.

to point I mean if you make a whole damn container a few thousand calories you likely to crap out a good portion but a few scoops no worries. Just think if you say eat an 8 oz steak and some grains thats 40-50 grams protein at least. Do you crap a hamburger from not digesting it LOL

Phill

your body will absorb a lot of protein, utilization is a different question. unless you are being retarded about your protein intake, i would not worry about either.

ok thanks guys i appresiate it

I usually chew some Papaya Enzyme candies before eating a high protien meal. I find digestion is easier, and protien absorbtion is higher.

i should have noted that if your digestive system is not operating properly, then you will not absorb the food you eat as well as normal. digestive enzymes will take care of this issue until you either find a way to fix what is wrong.

[quote]Phill wrote:
NO.

to point I mean if you make a whole damn container a few thousand calories you likely to crap out a good portion but a few scoops no worries. Just think if you say eat an 8 oz steak and some grains thats 40-50 grams protein at least. Do you crap a hamburger from not digesting it LOL

Phill[/quote]

oh please, you say that like you’ve NEVER shat a burger.

italian: this isnt a question with a solid mathematical answer. it depends too much on the metabolism/health/even genetics of a person. “a lot” like phil said is roughly correct though.

general consensus seems to suggest 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. no reason to take in 3-4 per (unless somebody can prove me wrong?)

there’s been a lot of sites and physicians suggesting a high protein diet strips the body of calcium? maybe make sure you arent already calcium deficient.

thanks guys. i appresiate the help.

3g an hour from what I read in Men’s Fitness…The bodybuilding bible!

[quote]eclypse wrote:

there’s been a lot of sites and physicians suggesting a high protein diet strips the body of calcium? maybe make sure you arent already calcium deficient.[/quote]

this article will explain the issue:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460222

if fruits and vegetables are consumed in enough quantity, there is not loss of calcium, and often a build up as animal protein in the presence of a more alkaline diet is anabloic to bone, also critical is magnesium and potassium along with low salt intake. greens+ and similar products can be added to protein shakes or consumed independently to help achieve an alkaline balance.