Protection from DHT

What’s the best anti-DHT herbal supplement to take? I’m especially concerned about protecting myself from prostratic enlargement, and for this purpose, I am currently taking M or vitex. I’m wondering if there is an herbal supplement with an action similar to, say, finasteride. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Many people take Saw Palmetto extract for it’s prostate enlargement protection qualities. Due a search on the forum for Saw Palmetto.

I read somewhere (don’t remember where) that ZMA may work at increasing free testosterone by preventing it from being converted to DHT. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? If not what mechanism does it work by. Personally I hate saw palmetto…makes my libido decrease. It did have the interesting effect of increasing my girlfriends bust size though. Sorry if this post was off topic.

Herbal might be effective and all, but I’d say you should hit up propecia or proscar. Shen Min is a nice supplement that contains saw palmetto as well as some biotin and zinc, but getting straight saw palmetto is cheaper. Finasteride is where it’s at though.

Saw palmetto is shown to improve the ability to urinate with enlarged prostates, but does nothing for shrinking or preventing the enlargement of a prostate. I don’t think it has any effect on dht as previously thought. I think that is why it was removed from tribex.