Proposed Regimen

I’m 37 yrs old. 5’9" 175lbs with 17% body fat. Recently had labs done which showed a Total testosterone of 356. Repeat labs were essentially the same. CBC, CMP, TSH and Free T4 were all normal. I had the labs done due to anergia, decreased libido & fatigue. An TRT clinic proposed the following regimen:

.Testosterone Cypionate (1) 200mg/ml vial (10 ml vial)
Protocol: One injection of 200mg / 1cc weekly IM (Intramuscular)

.Anastrozole (20) 1.2MG capsules (compounded by pharmacy)
Protocol: Take 1 capsule By Mouth Twice Weekly

.HCG (2) 5000 unit vial
Protocol: One injection of 500 units Twice Weekly Sub Q

.LIPO Complex 0.5 cc - 30 ml vial
Protocol: 5 Injection of 1/2ML 5x’s Weekly

I would appreciate any feedback on this regimen they proposed before purchasing it. I’ve been researching this for two months and have read some great threads on this site. It seems that some who have written in on similar threads would likely disagree with this type of regimen. The clinic recommends a 10 week program followed by Clomid and HCG. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Sounds like they are selling you a cycle.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky.

Your problems may be more than low T and T can be a symptom, not a cause. Time for you to serious.

“all normal”? post labs with ranges and find out.

Thanks for the reply. Labs were:
TSH:3.2 range: (0.45-4.5)
T4: 0.93 range: (0.82-1.47)
PSA: 0.7 range: (0.0-4)
Testosterone: 356 range: (348-1197)

I will definitely keep reading the advice for new guys. I was/am concerned that this is a cycle and doing this would cause irreparable damage. Although, I keep reading opposing views on that all over the Internet and on PubMed which is a compilation of various journal articles.

This site has been great! So much info.

We only deal with sustainable and safe methods hear. Everything is as science based as we can get it. Doctors are a problem you need to study up to cut through the crap. You need to take charge of your own health care. That demands that you not be passive.

Your TSH is high and T4 should be mid range, not there.

Read the ‘thyroid basics’ sticky and we will see if you can fix the problem with iodine. Come back with temperature data and describe your history of using iodized salt and vitamins that happen to contain iodine.

In that reading, you will see that thyroid problems and low T problems have many of the same symptoms and one can cause the other or each can compound the result.

We need more data about you, see the advice for new guys sticky and [edit] into your opening post.

Also need:
E2
fasting glucose
fasting cholesterol
BP
waist size [that cuts through all of the %BF crap]

You have a lot to learn and understand, this is the right place for you. You have a few days of reading. Note the other stickies. Read the posts of other guys to see how things flow. And note that the PM’s here really do not work, its a joke, but the humour escapes me.

Pubmed has pure research papers and many are not intended to to be treatment options. One needs to know how to read between the lines to know what is only lab rat material.

Thanks again KSman. I will get back to you in a few days with the info you requested. I know for a fact I have familial hypercholesterolemia and was recently started on Lipitor 40mg daily. Everyone in my family has high cholesterol. I eat well (will provide sample diet with the other info in a few days) and do weight training 4 days per week as well as cardio training 3 days per week.

You need:

• fish oil caps, nuts, flax seed oil or meal
  • 5000 iu vit-D3 in tiny oil based caps [Walmart USA]
  • 25mg DHEA if DHEA-S is low or lowish
  • high potency B-vit complex with trace minerals and iodine
  • 100mg Ubiquinol form of CoQ10 [not cheap!]
  • youthful testosterone levels
  • managed E2, elevated E2 damages the arterial endothelium

The above protects the endothelial cells from cholesterol infusion.

Note that TRT often lowers cholesterol, but not in you family.

Statin drugs change liver enzyme pathways that reduces cholesterol production in the liver. That also reduces CoQ10 production in the liver. CoQ10 is mission critical for Mitochondrial function and that is mission critical for every cell in your body. So you get a degree of induced CoQ10 deficiency. Muscles can weaken and be sore. The heart can be weak and the BP in the lungs can go up and fluid can leak out causing a persistent cough, the mechanism of congestive heart failure.

CoQ10 deficiency can also mess with your brain.

Inhibition by statins and beta blockers

Coenzyme Q10 shares a biosynthetic pathway with cholesterol. The synthesis of an intermediary precursor of coenzyme Q10, mevalonate, is inhibited by some beta blockers, blood pressure-lowering medication,[25] and statins, a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs.[26] Statins can reduce serum levels of coenzyme Q10 by up to 40%.[27] Some research suggests the logical option of supplementation with coenzyme Q10 as a routine adjunct to any treatment that may reduce endogenous production of coenzyme Q10, based on a balance of likely benefit against very small risk.[28][29] However, there are still no conclusive data that support the role of CoQ10 deficiency in the pathogenesis of statin-related myopathy.

Pass this knowledge to your family.

I met a woman with this problem who was on Liptor and was in great pain. Docs put her on long term prednisone and the [expected] catabolic state caused collagen loss. She now has no collagen in the skin structure of her feet and has thin skin on bone with no cushioning. Docs should be up against the wall …