Propoganda 101

Doogie
I had to laugh at your post. Closing libraries is a good thing, eh? Okay then. Here in Brooklyn 4 firehouses were closed, recycling was scaled back, and libraries are on reduced hours.

This means more property damage and deaths in the event that fire companies get pulled out of position. Garbage will become a problem more than it already is. And kids will have one less place to go after school. (The majority of traffic in my local library is elementary school kids.

However, you are correct, none of that is protected by the Constitution. Sorry, but I can’t help but laugh at that response.

What programs are getting cut in your area?

Dustin said “The links between Saddam and Al-Quada have been documented time and time again.”

Actually, there are no solid links whatsoever between Al Qaeda and Saddam. Bush and Blair admitted it at a press conference. I can track down the quote if you like. There have been little hints made here and there that there were links, but they have not been solid. That is the general consensus, and not just among Democrats. The CIA also states as much.

As far as Saddam “deciding to act like a tough guy” (I think that was your comment) he has ALWAYS acted like a tough guy. The US put him in a no-win situation, because the hawks in the Bush cabinet have been planning the overthrow of Saddam for years (before Bush was elected they were discussing it).

Basically they gave Saddam two losing choices…

1. Admit you DON’T have any serious weapons, meaning that your defensive capabilities are a joke after the first Gulf War (opening him up to attacks from within and from outside enemies).

2. Or we will bomb the shit out of you.

This would be like grabbing another guy by the throat and telling him “either say ‘I’m a pussy!’ or I’m going to beat the hell out of you!”

Many tough guys will opt for the beating, and not admit weakness, and that is what Saddam did.

Saying that Clinton also thought Iraq had WMDs does not sway me. It is entirely possible that Clinton also overestimated the Iraq threat.

who cares?

Lumpy,

If they completely quit the stupid recycling program, could they fund the firehouses in Brooklyn?

Stupid Recycling program? Are you retarded, or just not care for the world around you? Ever notice how the summers seem to get hotter and longer every year, with the winters shrinking and getting warmer also? Yeah, welcome to the world of global warming. Recycling cuts down on the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, hence reducing the greenhouse effect. To that same effect, do you know about the lungs of the world, aka the amazon? Yeah, kiss it all goodbye along with all the inhabitants of it. Why? Because people don’t recycle paper.

Recycling is not stupid

http://www.hillnews.com/news/040903/ss_recycle.aspx

http://www.globalwarming.org/sciup/sci6-13-01.htm
http://www.globalwarming.org/sciup/sci11-1-99.html
http://www.globalwarming.org/politics/scipol.htm
http://www.globalwarming.org/science/economist.html
http://www.nationalcenter.org/TP38.html
http://www.sepp.org//scirsrch/eosdec97.html

Lumpy, you said:

"There have been little hints made here and there that there were links, but they have not been solid."

There was never anything to link Hitler to the gas chambers. Out of curiousity, what kind of evidence did you want?Photos of Saddam and Bin Laden playing golf at the Bagdad Country Club? I seriously doubt there would have ever been anything written in paper, if that's what you wanted.

"That is the general consensus, and not just among Democrats. The CIA also states as much."

I'm aware of that. As I've said though, I'll give the president and his administration the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. The president has more information and reports coming across his desk than we will ever know about.

"As far as Saddam "deciding to act like a tough guy" (I think that was your comment) he has ALWAYS acted like a tough guy. The US put him in a no-win situation, because the hawks in the Bush cabinet have been planning the overthrow of Saddam for years (before Bush was elected they were discussing it)."

Ahhh, poor Saddam. He's picked on by everyone, isn't he? I'm sorry I have no compassion for him. I'll just say that Saddam has no one to blame but himself. He chose to be the Hitler of the Middle East. Fuck him and let rot in hell.

"Basically they gave Saddam two losing choices... "

1. Comply with the original cease fire agreements from the first Gulf War. 2. And if you don't we'll send troops in to finish the job.

Of course that is what should have happened, but we were too nice and complied with the impotent U.N. Then a joke of a president was sworn in.

"This would be like grabbing another guy by the throat and telling him "either say 'I'm a pussy!' or I'm going to beat the hell out of you!""

Nah kid, it isn't. Again, to much comppaaasion for Adolf Hussein.

JWright, there is no such thing as Global Warming. It's a fabrication of the left. Look at recorded weather temperatures going back hundreds of years. Just like the sun, our oceans, and anything else in nature, the Earth goes through cycles. In the Earth's case warming and cooling cycles. We are currently in a warming cycle after coming out of an ice age, sum 10,000 years ago.

Dustin

So the amount of carbon dioxide that is the atmosphere doesn’t matter right? Even though the old “hot” periods didn’t have nearly the carbion dioxide in the atmosphere, as per ice sampling. Do you not understand that principle. It’s just like the hypothetical situation with clouds. Hypothetically, when it is cloudy, it should be warmer because the reflections off of earth are bounced back down, keeping the warmth in. On non-cloudy days, more bounces out and the heat can rise, making cooler days. Carbon dioxide acts as “clouds” in the fact that they hold warmth in, hence the term global warming.

Did you know that we have warmed up more in the past 100 years (i.e. the car era) than in the past million? It’s no fabrication that we are warming at an alarming rate and it’s due to human waste. The hottest years on record are 2002, 1999 and 2000. We have increased temps 1 degree celsius per year for the past 3 years. During those ebb and flows of world history, they warmed .1 degree or less, at most.

Get an ecology textbook and read about carbon cycles.

“There was never anything to link Hitler to the gas chambers.”

Are you saying the holocaust never happened? I wonder because that’s one of the arguments that holocaust denyers give for their beliefs. They say exactly what you said, that there is no proof that Hitler gave any orders to gas anybody.

As for Hussein, the burden of proof always lies with those who advocate violence. Nobody needs an argument against them, they have to give the argument. (which they didn’t)

Hmm global warming now heh…

Explain to me this… Back in dinosaur age, we had a tropical climate up in northern usa/canada. Was it not warm then?

And after those dinosaurs were gone, we had a great big ice cube called north america.

Now, about the recycling paper and other things, the problem isnt lack of recycling, it’s lack of a market for the post consumer material. Currently the only common recyclables that have a solid market base are glass and metals, and then specific types of cardboards.

Here in minnesota we have a high recycling rate (compared to nation), yet we still have to burn some of that post consumer paper products because we just cant sell it. Same goes for many types of cardboards. And dont even think about various plastics, those are so varied in construction that they are rather hard to re-use in the same form.

Many of our recycled products end up in another form, like tires shredded and added into roadways, or various plastics added into flooring.

Like most all things for sale, the main issue is the demand. Supply means nothing without demand.

Monsiour,

"There was never anything to link Hitler to the gas chambers."

I should have said there was nothing ever written to link Hitler to the gas chambers. He never put anything on paper that could link him to it.

"Are you saying the holocaust never happened? I wonder because that's one of the arguments that holocaust denyers give for their beliefs."

Nope, that is not what I'm saying. Don't try to put words in my mouth, and quit being a troll. Are you that bored that you have to try and start an argument?

Dustin

Dustin,

Hitler had absolute deniability over what was termed ‘The Final Solution’ under October 1943. iirc Documentation from meetings, at which Hitler was present, from that point on [I think Wannessee] mentions the final solution.

But, yes, before that period you are correct, Hitler could say he knew nothing about it - whether he did know or not is another thing entirely.

Iscariot,

"Documentation from meetings, at which Hitler was present, from that point on [I think Wannessee] mentions the final solution."

Your correct. It was at the Wannessee meeting were Heydrich and others "finalized" the Final Solution. As recall though, (perhaps I should look it up to be positive)Hitler never put his name in writing with anything associated with the Final Solution. From what I've read he actually went out of his way to do so.

Hitler was calling the shots from afar but it was people like Reinhardt Heydrich and Heinrich Himmler who were actually carrying out the orders.

Dustin (Who's got way off the topic)

Antiliberal,

Those changes take 1000’s if not 100,000’s of years to happen. That’s why. Yes are there are EXTREMELY long term wave patterns of heating and cooling. Human destruction and consumption are speeding up the process to the nth degree. As I said before, we’ve heated the world up more in the past 100 years than in the past 1000, if not more.

Dustin, you’re right about Himmler/ Heydrich etc, but remember that Heydrich was ambushed and killed at the end of 1942 so wasn’t at Wannessee, but Himmler and Eichmann has the camps running full tilt at that point.

Iscariot,

"but remember that Heydrich was ambushed and killed at the end of 1942 so wasn't at Wannessee, but Himmler and Eichmann has the camps running full tilt at that point.

Damnit, I'm a retard. Yes, Heydrich and that whole broken spine thing. I call myself a tard because I got out one of my history books to look up something on Heydrich. I should have realized he wasn't at Wannessee. It was indeed Eichmann and Himmler running the camps.

Dustin (who loves WWII history)

So jwright, what do you say to the popular scientists back in the 1970’s who said we have global cooling? They sure thought they had it all right with their science and so on…

My whole point is I dont believe we have even cracked the surface on the understanding of this whole thing yet. Every few years we keep figuring out more and more, and also keep updating what we previously thought.

Where were the continants located in relation to the equator at this point?

Antiliberal - you’re right, we’re always figuring shit out. That’s what science is for, right? Shit man, I know I’m doing stuff that no one else in the world is doing right now, and it feels so good.

As far as global warming, I PM’d Dustin. There’s a show on the Science Channel this Friday 9 pm eastern standard about global warming and if we can help it or if it is out of our hands due to solar phenomena. I’m going to watch it, because I am an uber-dork.

O’Shea - was the world round or flat at that time?