Proper Squat Form

I’ve just began to squat lately, and when I’m squatting the bar hurts like hell. Is it hurting becuase of bad form? What is the proper way to squat?

[quote]fartmonkey64 wrote:
I’ve just began to squat lately, and when I’m squatting the bar hurts like hell. Is it hurting becuase of bad form? What is the proper way to squat?[/quote]

Let’s see:

I just started to bench at my local 24 hour and I was wondering how i would know for sure if I am an ectomorph? I am 13 years old, 5,4 and weigh about 120. [/quote]

Yeah, I would say it hurts because when metal sits on bone, it isn’t usually pleasant. You are 13 years old and have a lot of growing to do. Give it time and gain more weight.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
fartmonkey64 wrote:
I’ve just began to squat lately, and when I’m squatting the bar hurts like hell. Is it hurting becuase of bad form? What is the proper way to squat?

Let’s see:

fartmonkey64 wrote:
I just started to bench at my local 24 hour and I was wondering how i would know for sure if I am an ectomorph? I am 13 years old, 5,4 and weigh about 120.

Yeah, I would say it hurts because when metal sits on bone, it isn’t usually pleasant. You are 13 years old and have a lot of growing to do. Give it time and gain more weight.[/quote]

so, should I just use the barbell pad for now?

You don’t seem to follow advice very well. Here, this should help: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength-Mark-Rippetoe/dp/0976805405/sr=1-1/qid=1161003712/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0201897-5564024?ie=UTF8&s=books
You think we were just fucking around when we gave you the advice to get that book?

Come back and ask some questions after you’ve read the first chapter TWICE.

-J

PS: That pad is commonly referred to as a “sissy pad”. So there’s your answer.

I’ve just began to squat lately, and when I’m squatting the bar hurts like hell. Is it hurting becuase of bad form? What is the proper way to squat?[/quote]

Two things for this particular problem.

1-Use a bar with no knurling in the middle part that sits on your back.

2-Bring your hands in as close to your shoulders as you can for your grip. This will bunch up the tissue you have over your shoulder blades and spine like a shelf to act as a pad for the bones.

Eat a lot more than you think you should (not junk food). Do a balanced routine and be sure to include upper back movements like rows. Lift hard, eat hard and rest hard, and you will gain. Glad to hear your actually doing squats in the squat rack.