Proper Program?

Hey T-Nationers, I am hoping you can lead me in the right direction here. I’m 5’11" 225-230 and about 25-26%BF. My wife and I recently moved away from our gym and we now have a baby on the way, so I quit my gym membership and plan on working out at home.

I have acquired a ~300lb tire and chopped up a couple logs in which I plan on cutting up for a log press, and I now have a bench and a set of dumbells up to only 30lbs for now. I am getting an olympic barbell weight set for Xmas and I’m going to build a pull-up bar stand. That’s about what I’m looking at as far as equipment until I get a keg and make a couple atlas stones and stuff like that.

So I’m looking through the long list of programs here trying to figure out which one I can use with what I’ve got at my disposal. Anyone that could point me in the right direction would kick ass. I’ve been working out with my tire (which is an ass kicker) and using the logs for overhead squats, one arm dumbell snatch, and incorporating sprints as of Saturday (another ass kicker)

I am starting the T-Dawg Ver 2.0 diet and hopefully it will work pretty good for me.

So I guess I’m just looking for a little guidance on workouts to perform guys (and gals) Thanks

Inkaddict

Without knowing your exercise background or exact goals (which would help to know), the first program that jumps to mind is DeFranco’s Strongman Training for Athletes.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=496300

You can replace the keg toss (until you get one) with a log toss. Replace the farmer’s walk with any kind of log carry (bear hug, overhead, zercher), rig up a log as the sled, and play tug-o-war with the tire. Just some ideas.

Awesome ideas, thanks Minotaur.

Goals are to get my BF down in the mid teens and to possibly do some strongman competitions someday. I’m not really looking to be 2 % bf and posing around in a thong on stage, but the thought of competeing in a strongman comp. someday, that’s the shit I’m talking about. Marius Pudzianowski’s got the look I’m after. (A long way to go, but you’ve gotta have goals right?!) Thanks again.

Inkaddict