T Nation

Proper Front Squat Form

Could anyone direct me towards some videos of proper front squat form?

Thanks.

if you don’t fall or drop the weight it’s proper form

Here’s a vid of me front squatting:

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
Here’s a vid of me front squatting:

Yeah, nice form, and weights! Dude, why didn’t you just go for 315lbs? It would’ve saved you messing around with all those small plates :slight_smile:

To the OP, Here is a thread on front squats that I found very useful:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=890172

And here are a bunch of videos by Gayle Hatch demonstrating the O Lifts and all their assistance exercises:

http://www.aceathlete.com/hatch/video.htm

You should be all set!

kroll, I’d say it looks good, but your on your toes a little too much. Try puttin’ your ass back farther. Other than that, looks good. Good weights, too.

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
kroll, I’d say it looks good, but your on your toes a little too much. Try puttin’ your ass back farther. Other than that, looks good. Good weights, too.[/quote]

Are you blind? His toes actually come off the ground on the second rep. Ass back further? If you want to dump the bar, sure.

Kroll, solid reps.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Yeah, nice form, and weights! Dude, why didn’t you just go for 315lbs? It would’ve saved you messing around with all those small plates :slight_smile:
[/quote]

hahah yeah it was a pain, but that is what the coach had written up for me that day.

[quote]Epimetheus wrote:
kroll, I’d say it looks good, but your on your toes a little too much. Try puttin’ your ass back farther. Other than that, looks good. Good weights, too.[/quote]

I understand where you are coming from, but when doing front squats in oly shoes, it is more about sitting between the legs during front squats, rather than back. Can’t really sit back as much in these front squats, but the weight is definitely through the heels.

When I back squat, you can definitely see the more pronounced sitting back motion.

Btw, thanks for the comment.