T Nation

Proper Eating & Supps After Injury

Hi all. I have been injured and out of most activity for over a month now only being able to run. I pinched a nerve in my left shoulder and in February I will be returning to the gym and my jiu-jitsu class. Please post opinions on anything I should change.

I will be doing the following routine on a Monday and Friday split with Jiu-jitsu on Tues, Wed, Thurs. My goals on my 2 lifting days are to lift heavy to gain some size and alot of strength if possible.

Monday
Deadlift
Standing OHP
Front Squat
Chins
Abs

Tues-Wed-Thurs
Jiu-Jitsu

Friday
Squat
Bench
Stiff-Leg Deadlift
Bent Over Rows
Abs

Supplements:
Whey Protein
Fish Oil
BCCA (is this a good addition?)
GNC Multi
Creatine

Food:
Breakfast
Egg whites, oatmeal, almonds,fruit

Snack
Whey Protein Shake (24g protein)

Lunch
Salad with Chicken Breast, fruit

Snack
Whey Protein Shake (24g protein)

Pre-Workout
2 Slices Stoneground Whole Wheat Bread, Natural PB, Organic Strawberry Preserves.

(Gym or Jiu-Jitsu depending on day of week)

Before Bed will have to be my Dinner around 9:30 pm

Post-Workout
Chicken, Shrimp, Fish
Broccoli

Currently im eating Fish, Chicken, etc based on 1 serving. Should I upgrade this to two servings now that I will be back in the gym and training jiu-jitsu? I just want to get everything planned before I start so I can recover and build strength without wasting time.

So basically I need critique on 3 things.

1. My workout plan
  2. Supplements
  3. Food selection and quantity.

Very much appriciate the help!

Is there a specific reason why you’re not eating carbs (I’m sincerely asking)? If you’re trying to add size, it’s far better for most people to throw in some CHO’s.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Is there a specific reason why you’re not eating carbs (I’m sincerely asking)? If you’re trying to add size, it’s far better for most people to throw in some CHO’s.[/quote]

Where am I not eating Carbs? Whole Wheat Bread, Fruits, Veggies…?