T Nation

Proper Combination

Our gym is a thriving sweat-box. The membership is comprised of individuals who are serious about fitness, and we train in nearly every aspect of it. Our programs are designed to provide results in every aspect of fitness, to include body building. Some of our patrons have recently chosen to focus on the aspect of body-building, and have begun to ask for advice on supplements. As my partner and I are supplement-free body-builders, I have researched heavily over the past 2 months. I have become confident that T-Nation is my best possible source, so I am asking for assistance in this area. I need to know what combination of supplements these future competitors will need to utilize to prepare for their future endeavors and maximize gains.

1. Surge(or your own concoction that contains an identical or nearly identical formula)
  2. creatine
  3. Grow!(any protein supplement really)
    now in no particular order:
    Alpha Male, Beta-7, and Flameout.

and if you can afford it plop on some Rez-V.

[quote]BluejayPrideGym wrote:
Our gym is a thriving sweat-box. The membership is comprised of individuals who are serious about fitness, and we train in nearly every aspect of it. Our programs are designed to provide results in every aspect of fitness, to include body building. Some of our patrons have recently chosen to focus on the aspect of body-building, and have begun to ask for advice on supplements. As my partner and I are supplement-free body-builders, I have researched heavily over the past 2 months. I have become confident that T-Nation is my best possible source, so I am asking for assistance in this area. I need to know what combination of supplements these future competitors will need to utilize to prepare for their future endeavors and maximize gains.[/quote]

This isn’t usually my style, but that has to be one of goofiest posts I’ve ever read. You say “supplement free” as if it were the same thing as drug free and this with the clear implication that you and your partner are the owners of this gym.

Gym owners who design “programs designed to provide results in every aspect of fitness, to include body building”, but who not only train “supplement free”, but have a sparse enough knowledge of this freshman subject to require 2 months of research.

Next we have gym dwellers who “have recently chosen to focus on the aspect of body-building”, but are immediately declared to be “future competitors”. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but the aroma of bullshit is wafting in my direction. Maybe just over enthusiastically phrased, but goofy nonetheless.

There is a very short list of supplements that work to aide in recovery.

One of the most important concepts to convey to your clients is that you must eat a lot in order to build and maintain muscle.

Especialy if they are fitness oriented and accustomed to eating “lite”.

I would refer them to Berardi and Lowery for this.

Well, mister Tiribulus, maybe those of us who are not computer techs see things a little differently than you do.

Those of us who compete regularly in sports such as wrestling, may have not had the need until we reached 40 to use supplements. Is there something wrong with that?

We did not open the gym to push any type of supplement, so our knowledge was limited, and has remained so for the last few years. Recently, some of our patrons asked some questions, and I wanted to recommend a company that I could trust. After researching literally hundreds of companies, I settled here.

Body building is not fitness, it is a portion of fitness. The men who have inquired have both bulked to nearly 280 pounds over the last few years with lifting being a large portion of the fitness program we have them on, and are now interested in competition. So yes, they are definitely declared as future competitors.
I am sure that if you would focus on that aroma of bullshit, you would find that it is coming from your mouth.
If you would like to continue to be a jackass, please do it on someone elses thread. I am trying to take care of business.

SkyzykS - Thanks. I have actually had this particular group of men on a diet for mass. They were just curious about supplements, and since I don’t particularly need them, I wasn’t sure on what combination would be right for them.

Those of us who are wrestlers like to gain as much strength as we can without bulking up so much we move up a couple of weight classes.
THANK ALL OF YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE RESPONSES!

Well assuming you’re on the level you certainly couldn’t do better than Biotest products for your gym and it’s patrons. Like I said, forgive me I’m wrong. Maybe your experience is just unusual in which case I apologize.

[quote]BluejayPrideGym wrote:
SkyzykS - Thanks. I have actually had this particular group of men on a diet for mass. They were just curious about supplements, and since I don’t particularly need them, I wasn’t sure on what combination would be right for them.

Those of us who are wrestlers like to gain as much strength as we can without bulking up so much we move up a couple of weight classes.
THANK ALL OF YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE RESPONSES![/quote]

That makes things tricky then. When I wrestled(started at 4th grade-through graduation) I got the best results from amino acids. The best I could find at the time was Twinlab, but I would have no problem recomending Boitest. All of their products that I have used have worked as claimed, and I see no reason that their aminos would be any different.

For test boosters, the Alpha Male and TRIBEX were very good.

Caution- Speculation Ahead

So, a stack that I will soon be putting my money where my mouth is with- would be;

Fish oil capsules
Creatine with Surge(pwo)
Alpha Male
ZMA
Aminos
Grow protien shakes(one for breakfast, one at bed, and a couple during the day, especialy an hour pre workout)

As far as strength without weight gains goes, I allways saved that for the other eight months of the year. In season practice and matches were just too intense to make any noticeable gains in strength.

Good Luck!

For hypertrophy training BCAA’s are ideal, along with a fast and slow protein. Creatine and beta alanine will assist with gym performance.