T Nation

Propecia/Proscar Help

I may start propecia (actually breaking up the proscar tabs) soon for hair loss. I am wondering if anyone has used them regularly, and if so, have you experienced side effects? In particular, I am most worried about bodyfat and "man boobs".

Just bringing it back up front...want help.

i wrote about my experiences with propecia in a thread about hair loss just a few days ago. But to add to them : no to body fat and no to man boobs.

Now - no guarantee to either of these if you don't work out regularly and watch your diet. Both of which i do quite religiously.

go for it - propecia works and bytheway let me know how splitting proscar works - I have always been too lazy to do this part. More money than brains I guess.

Get proscar, it much cheaper

I just started last week and will be getting blood/semen tests done so I can compare them with tests done in the future. impotence is a side effect and that has to be carefully guarded against.

RE the Proscar tabs, I crush 5 of them and mix them with a 50ml (airplane size) bottle of Vodka. That gives me 25 separate 2ML doses.

2ML = 1 MG, so I have 25 days' worth of 1mg doses.

I use a 1ml dropper to measure out the tiny shots.

Are you sure the alcohol doesn't mess with the Proscar?

Where is the thread you speak of?

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
I just started last week and will be getting blood/semen tests done so I can compare them with tests done in the future. impotence is a side effect and that has to be carefully guarded against.

What do you mean - there is an impotence sideaffect? Where did you read this? I've not had any trouble with this. And what measures are you refering to in order to guard against this?