Propecia & Alpha Male

I recently turned one of my good friends onto Alpha Male. He loves the product and swears by its effectiveness both in the gym and in the bedroom.

I also recently learned that he is taking Propecia. I think he’s taking one 5 sided pill a day (5mg?). I mentioned to him that the increased T levels from Alpha Male might interfere with the effectiveness of the Propecia. His response was “I’ll just let the two of them fight it out.”

I searched the forums and found some info from the Gang of Five that there might be some issues, but I was curious if anyone had some field experience on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

-Brent

[quote]BrentM wrote:
I recently turned one of my good friends onto Alpha Male. He loves the product and swears by its effectiveness both in the gym and in the bedroom.

I also recently learned that he is taking Propecia. I think he’s taking one 5 sided pill a day (5mg?). I mentioned to him that the increased T levels from Alpha Male might interfere with the effectiveness of the Propecia. His response was “I’ll just let the two of them fight it out.”

I searched the forums and found some info from the Gang of Five that there might be some issues, but I was curious if anyone had some field experience on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

-Brent[/quote]

If he’s taking Propecia, it’s 1 mg. As for Alpha Male decreasing the effectiveness, that shouldn’t be an issue. It’s the same principle as I explained about those using greater amounts of aromatase inhibitor when taking exogenous testosterone.

The key point being that if you’re inhibiting the enzyme (for the most part) whatever small amount is left is already likely to be completely saturated so adding more substrate (testosterone) isn’t going to result in more estradiol, or in this case DHT formation. One could then go in to the fact that finasteride essentially only selectively addresses one isoenzyme so increasing substrate (testosterone) could still have a negative effect, but we must keep in mind that we’re merely increasing endogenous testosterone to the high-normal range so in reality, we’re still not providing enough substrate for a large increase in DHT formation to occur.

In short, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Cy, you are just a friggin’ encyclopedia of biochemical knowledge.

Thanks Cy!

No problem, glad I could help!