T Nation

Proof of Heaven

Anybody heard about this? Interesting stuff…

Of course Heaven exists…

In more pressing news

Let the music play
He wont get away
just keep the grove and he’ll come back to you again…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’d be more interested to see “proof” if hell exists.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I’d be more interested to see “proof” if hell exists.[/quote]

This is actually very interesting. Has anyone ever said they saw hell or came close to dying and going there.

On topic though, I saw this article yesterday. I still find it hard to know what living forever will be like. For example, what do you do forever, in all honesty, it can kind of scares me.

Edit: I saw a similar article with the same subject. Here’s the link.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/49330875/ns/today-books/#.UHZFLI6hBlI

Ironic coming across this and the opening quote of the article today

[quote]“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

? Richard Feynman, theoretical physicist[/quote]

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

This is actually very interesting. Has anyone ever said they saw hell or came close to dying and going there.

On topic though, I saw this article yesterday. I still find it hard to know what living forever will be like. For example, what do you do forever, in all honesty, it can kind of scares me. [/quote]

I couldn’t agree more with your last statement. When I do lay in bed pondering my own existence and if there is an afterlife… when thinking about the afterlife being forever I do tend to panic a little. Forever is a really fawking long time and I panic because I am afraid I would forget people/things that are very dear to me; such as my wife, father, mother, or even dog.

No matter how insignificant our individual lives may be in the grand scheme of things… I still don’t want to forget mine - even if I end up existing forever. Scary thought.

p.s. I’m also scared of the flip side of the coin: the possibility of nothingness and absence of existence. It all be scary!

I’ve read a few stories of hellish NDEs. They didn’t sound too fun, either.

Well no matter what people think, that is only one guarantee and it’s the life you are living right now.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

On topic though, I saw this article yesterday. I still find it hard to know what living forever will be like. For example, what do you do forever, in all honesty, it can kind of scares me. [/quote]

I couldn’t agree more with your last statement. When I do lay in bed pondering my own existence and if there is an afterlife… when thinking about the afterlife being forever I do tend to panic a little. Forever is a really fawking long time and I panic because I am afraid I would forget people/things that are very dear to me; such as my wife, father, mother, or even dog.

No matter how insignificant our individual lives may be in the grand scheme of things… I still don’t want to forget mine - even if I end up existing forever. Scary thought.

p.s. I’m also scared of the flip side of the coin: the possibility of nothingness and absence of existence. It all be scary![/quote]

I know what you mean. I believe in heaven and the after life I just do not fully understand everything(Im catholic btw). I do not fear forgetting loved ones or anything but I just can’t contemplate living forever. I know there are some other religious people on these boards who I believe could explain everything but no one knows everything about anything.

I liked this. This was good.

Places like what he described make me uncomfortable. I prefer earthy places like shadowy forests and caves.

Fascinating story.

One can only hope it all is true.

I don’t see any “proof” and the fact that he has written a book on the subject makes it all the more suspicious.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

p.s. I’m also scared of the flip side of the coin: the possibility of nothingness and absence of existence. It all be scary![/quote]

I know what you mean. I believe in heaven and the after life I just do not fully understand everything(Im catholic btw). I do not fear forgetting loved ones or anything but I just can’t contemplate living forever. I know there are some other religious people on these boards who I believe could explain everything but no one knows everything about anything.[/quote]

Heaven and the afterlife do not exist in spacetime. So our perception of “forever” there is necessarily incomprehensible to us on this plane of existence.

I don’t know what it will feel like, but it will not feel like it has a beginning, end, or even a progression. You’ll just “be.”

That was very vivid and in many ways beautiful.

I have a hard time resisting cynicism in cases like this: “He was in a coma, that science cannot currently account for this hallucination does not mean that it was not a mere hallucination.” Or even worse: “This is an outright lie, fabricated for fame or money.”

I guess one day I will find out.

Edit: It sounded a lot like what someone with a gift for creative writing might imagine the afterlife to be like. That is, it was heavily populated with familiar tropes and motifs. Which is not to say I think someone would be stupid or naive to believe it.

I certainly wouldn’t mind believing it.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I’ve read a few stories of hellish NDEs. They didn’t sound too fun, either. [/quote]

DMT is a hell of a drug