Projection TV's

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Watch out for the humidity. The screen could collect mold and mildew.

There are outdoor models of Plazma and LCD TVs that can hang on the wall.

Just my $0.02[/quote]

Make it $0.04 on the plasma/LCD.
That’s a very cool outdoor patio, btw.[/quote]
This house is out of this world cool. [/quote]

Is that the back patio? I can’t see a fence… You moving to Pearland? [/quote]
I actually live right outside Pearland now.

This is within walking distance to Kemah

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Just my $0.02[/quote]

This is within walking distance to Kemah[/quote]

That’s awesome man. Love that whole area. All the positives of Galveston minus the hoodrats and white trash. Is that technically Webster or Dickinson?

LOL…my parents live in pearland.

Derek…you may just be my long lost white brother.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LOL…my parents live in pearland.

Derek…you may just be my long lost white brother.[/quote]
:slight_smile: Could be my friend.

I broke down and bought Splinter Cell last night 0_0 I fucking missed stalking guys and killing them.

What a fucking sweet pad Derek. Congratulations.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Just my $0.02[/quote]

This is within walking distance to Kemah[/quote]

That’s awesome man. Love that whole area. All the positives of Galveston minus the hoodrats and white trash. Is that technically Webster or Dickinson?
[/quote]
Clear Lake Shores actually.

Oh I get it. This topic is not really about projection TV’s (LOL everyone knows you can get a 65 inch plasma for less than 500 bucks). This thread is an excuse to make us all jealous. Good job Derek, it totally worked. I’m quite jelly.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Oh I get it. This topic is not really about projection TV’s (LOL everyone knows you can get a 65 inch plasma for less than 500 bucks). This thread is an excuse to make us all jealous. Good job Derek, it totally worked. I’m quite jelly.[/quote]
lol NO really I want opinions on the projections.

I dont want to put a TV on the wall, a projector is easier to take down as opposed to a TV.

That’s a really nice place you’ve got.

[quote]on edge wrote:
That’s a really nice place you’ve got.[/quote]
Thank you

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:
Thank you[/quote]

Btw, I’m not very familiar with Houston, never been there. It’s not too far from New Orleans which I am familiar with. Is the architecture there influenced by the French Quarter? Your porch and the covered outdoor patio kind of remind me of how they do it in the FQ.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:
Thank you[/quote]

Btw, I’m not very familiar with Houston, never been there. It’s not too far from New Orleans which I am familiar with. Is the architecture there influenced by the French Quarter? Your porch and the covered outdoor patio kind of remind me of how they do it in the FQ.[/quote]
Houston is as diverse as you can get.

This is a “water house” meaning its in a small city of its own on a little peninsula, so the houses are built up off the ground for storm surges. A lot of houses in NO are the same way.

This place was built in 2009 after Hurricane Ike, they could have some influence from the FQ.

I have yet to see a place in Houston that is like the FQ, but I really dont think there is any place on earth like that place.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Just my $0.02[/quote]

Is that the front yard? maybe you need to be able to take whatever is out there and put it away. These types of electronics have a tendency to walk off.

Lovely House, Derek.

Some day, I hope to have a place just like that., with fresh air and all that jazz.

Living in a penthouse ain’t all the same.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Just my $0.02[/quote]

Is that the front yard? maybe you need to be able to take whatever is out there and put it away. These types of electronics have a tendency to walk off.
[/quote]
Exactly why I was thinking projection TV. That is easily taken down and taken inside.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Lovely House, Derek.

Some day, I hope to have a place just like that., with fresh air and all that jazz.

Living in a penthouse ain’t all the same.

[/quote]
Thanks, the wife has to many animals to go that route, even though I would not mind.

Again the purpose of the thread was for help on projection TV’s :slight_smile:

Do you have any input?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Just my $0.02[/quote]

[/quote]
Exactly why I was thinking projection TV. That is easily taken down and taken inside.[/quote]

You really wont have to mount the projector, so there are tons of models out there to choose from. Just sit it on a table. The screen is going to be the issue unless you will get a mobile one and just set it up every time you do something outside. If you do that then the humidity should not be that much of an issue as long as you do not get a sticky screen. Then dirt and stuff will stick to it.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Just my $0.02[/quote]

[/quote]
Exactly why I was thinking projection TV. That is easily taken down and taken inside.[/quote]

You really wont have to mount the projector, so there are tons of models out there to choose from. Just sit it on a table. The screen is going to be the issue unless you will get a mobile one and just set it up every time you do something outside. If you do that then the humidity should not be that much of an issue as long as you do not get a sticky screen. Then dirt and stuff will stick to it.
[/quote]
Good point, I have looked at screens, I would mount one under the house there. I doubt that would walk, I mean I am not moving into a neighborhood where you have chain your lawn furniture down. The police station is less than two blocks up the road.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Just my $0.02[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Good point, I have looked at screens, I would mount one under the house there. I doubt that would walk, I mean I am not moving into a neighborhood where you have chain your lawn furniture down. The police station is less than two blocks up the road. [/quote]

I used to think the same thing at Church. Thousands of dollars of equipment just walk away.

What are you going to do for sound? I think some projectors have built in speakers, but i highly doubt they have any quality.