Project Jack3d

Documenting the next 20 weeks leading to my first powerlifting meet.

Will be following, maybe try using Jack3d… seems to work for me.

What weight class?

Thanks for following buddy.

Surprisingly I use 0 pre-workout supps. The couple of times I have used them were before going out to party. Haha

[quote]mmatt wrote:
What weight class?[/quote]

It’s my first meet and with recommendations from other competitors I was told not to worry about which weight class I fall into and just to get as strong as possible. I am hovering between 218-222 so the 220 lb class would most likely be the goal.

I’m in

Awesome, didn’t even know you still posted here, good to see you back.

Arms looking big, bench looking strong… will definitely be following.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

[quote]mmatt wrote:
What weight class?[/quote]

It’s my first meet and with recommendations from other competitors I was told not to worry about which weight class I fall into and just to get as strong as possible. I am hovering between 218-222 so the 220 lb class would most likely be the goal.[/quote]

Cool deal. I’ve always liked your posts, so I’ll be following.

I’ll post up yesterdays workout.

Bench

45 x 2 x 5
95 x 2 x 3
135 x 2 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
345 x 1
365x 1

This is all plifting form, wide grip, firm base, no ass up, squeezing the fuck out of the bar…

CGBP

225 x 1
275 x 1
300 x 1

Inclines

205 x 2
225 x 2
250 x 2

OHP

45 x 2 x 3
95 x 2 x 3
135 x 3
160 x 1
185 x 1

Fucking around with a routine with a lot of singles. Feeling good, feeling strong.

Goal is to use these numbers as easy “base” numbers and build off them over the next few months.

Will be following this the whole way through and more.

Bench day looks good.

Thanks Ev.

Figured I’d post the breakdown quickly for how I will be training.

I will be training each lift twice per week. I will have a ME and DE day for each lift. ME stands for max effort, while DE stands for dynamic effort (speed, explosiveness).

S OFF
M DE Bench, Heavy Triceps, Heavy Shoulders
T ME Deadlift, Heavy Hams, Upper Back DE Squat
W Off
T ME Bench, Light Tri and Delt Work
F ME Squat, Heavy Quads, DE Deads, Upper Back
S OFF

Boxing and BJJ training several days a week ~1 hour per day.

Disclaimer

I just created this split so this week might be a little funky. I am going to train according to schedule tomorrow, but I did just do ME bench yesterday so things may not be as on target as they should be tomorrow. This should only give me an issue with tomorrow workout so everything else will hopefully go according to plan.

Following

Nice, this should be good.

Ooo, this is gonna be tasty.

Speed Bench! Will post the workout in its entirety later!

these videos are conveniently timed for a guy desperate to stop his bench sucking… thanks man. i’d been on your youtube before but not for literally a year or more…

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:
these videos are conveniently timed for a guy desperate to stop his bench sucking… thanks man. i’d been on your youtube before but not for literally a year or more…[/quote]

I love the bench, definitely my favorite lift so I will definitely be giving all the knowledge I know on how to get good at it. Glad I could get you back on YouTube :).

Speed Day and light shoulders and triceps. Like I mentioned yesterday this isn’t going to be a normal Monday, I did just hit heavy presses 2 days ago but since I made the new split I decided to keep on schedule so I took it easy today.

I have poor flexibility in my shoulders but I think I found a solution to correct it. Turns out I wasn’t properly doing standing OHP. I’ll make a video demonstration soon.

Speed Bench With 2 Medium Bands

45 x 2 x 3
95 x 3 x 3
135 x 3 x 3
185 x 3 x 3
185 x 3 x 3

Standing OHP

45 x 3 x 3
95 x 3 x 3
135 x 2 x 2
165 x 3 x 1

Seated Laterals - Got the idea from Jake

20s x 3 x 10

Incline DB Skuls

20s x 8
40s x 8
60s x 3

WIll be following this. Whats the diet look like? training looks good and fun. Strong presses.

~Did 3 4 minute rounds on the bag…

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
WIll be following this. Whats the diet look like? training looks good and fun. Strong presses.[/quote]

Diet is simple and not exact. I use Xtend and creatine daily during workouts and take a vitamin D supp.

As far as food I am on a college meal plan so generally 3-4 meals of chicken grilled/fried, rice and spinach salad. Throw in the occasional dessert or pizza.