Prohormone Mixture

At the risk of being flamed, I am interested on what folks here think about a “supplement” that contains the following compounds, listed quantities are per “chewable tablet”:

4-Androsten-3b, 17b-dione (Androstenedione) 100mg
19-Nor-4-androsten-3b, 17b-dione (19-Norandrostendione) 50mg
4-Androsten-3b, 17b-diol (4-Androstendiol) 50mg
5-Androsten-3b, 17b-diol (5-Androstendiol) 25mg
19-Nor-4-androsten-3b, 17b-diol (19-Nor-4-androstendiol) 25mg
19-Nor-5-androsten-3b, 17b-diol (19-Nor-5-androstendiol) 25mg

I am thinking this would be best used on a 2 week on - 2 week off plan.

Has anyone had experience with such a concoction? What would your expectations be for this? Dosing? Other thoughts?

The generalized impression by the majority of members on this forum is that prohormones are crap. The side effects far outweigh any possible benefits associated with the products.

They are typically used by people that don’t want to use steroids, kids or people looking for a quick fix/easy way out.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
The generalized impression by the majority of members on this forum is that prohormones are crap. The side effects far outweigh any possible benefits associated with the products.

They are typically used by people that don’t want to use steroids, kids or people looking for a quick fix/easy way out.[/quote]

And yet I’ve never understood why. Some of these products have to be good, right? I mean, the only AAS I’ve ever used was normal stuff like test etc… But for some reason I am always tempted to try some designer stuff.

Why so many compounds?

Also, I thought 5-AD converted mostly to estrogen, and was basically worthless as a prohormone.

With the amount of money your spending …you could even do a nice cycle of anavar. And still have money left over.

Prohormones are a waste and dangerous.

[quote]Schmazz wrote:
Why so many compounds?

Also, I thought 5-AD converted mostly to estrogen, and was basically worthless as a prohormone.[/quote]

Why so many compounds? That’s just what comes in the product I am referring to.

The problem with a lot of the prohormones is conversion to estrogen at least in part. Do you think something OTC like Rez-V would improve the T effect and minimize the sides?

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
With the amount of money your spending …you could even do a nice cycle of anavar. And still have money left over.

Prohormones are a waste and dangerous. [/quote]

It’s not that much $$, dirtbag, definitely not Anavar price range.

I realize the prohormones are not as good as the real thing, but are they better than nothing???

[quote]koots wrote:
Schmazz wrote:
Why so many compounds?

Also, I thought 5-AD converted mostly to estrogen, and was basically worthless as a prohormone.

The problem with a lot of the prohormones is conversion to estrogen at least in part. Do you think something OTC like Rez-V would improve the T effect and minimize the sides?[/quote]

Don’t take a risk like that. Also, the term prohormone is a misnomer and actually refers to compounds which are steroids. So treat it like a steroid, that means REAL serms and anti-e. Don’t let the ‘legality’ fool you, these are strong compounds that can put some ACTUAL bitch-tits on you.

I don’t think prohormones are necessarily less effective than oral steroids, actually. But most are harder on the liver and have a lot of estrogenic sides. This is an inherent downside. But the problem is greatly compounded by the fact that people think they don’t need to do PCT or take protective measures for the liver and lipids. In fact, this is more important for most prohormones than legit orals.

[quote]koots wrote:
Schmazz wrote:
Why so many compounds?

The problem with a lot of the prohormones is conversion to estrogen at least in part. Do you think something OTC like Rez-V would improve the T effect and minimize the sides?[/quote]

Not particularly. I think you would really need something pharmaceutical grade [ie. nolva or arimidex].

[quote]koots wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

Prohormones are a waste and dangerous.

It’s not that much $$, dirtbag, definitely not Anavar price range.

I realize the prohormones are not as good as the real thing, but are they better than nothing???[/quote]

Honestly I would say nothing is better then prohormones. These substances are not worth your time or headache. They produce little to poor results. They also screw with your natural endo system just as equal to if not more then AAS. So why not just do the real thing.

If your lacking access just spend some time around your local gym networking. I am sure you can find some reputable sources. Just take your time. These substances are not something to just be played with on a impulse. I am sure you can do better then some prohormones to put in your body.

I’ve read several threads bashing pro hormones, but yet everyone ranted and raved about MAG-10 (of which I still have in my freezer). I’m just wondering why the turn after they were taken off the market, or are these opinions just because pro hormones are not considered as ‘hardcore’ as real AAS? Biotest never recommended anything stronger than TRIBEX as PCT.

Personally, the risk of breaking the law with AAS and the ramifications that could bring far outweigh the benefits illegal steroids would provide.

Its not that.

The new prohormones that are comming out are so twisted in a lab from what they were. That the sides are getting worst with no sig. pay off for your money.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Its not that.

The new prohormones that are comming out are so twisted in a lab from what they were. That the sides are getting worst with no sig. pay off for your money.[/quote]

Really? Have you used any of them? How do you know?

[quote]koots wrote:
dirtbag wrote:
Its not that.

The new prohormones that are comming out are so twisted in a lab from what they were. That the sides are getting worst with no sig. pay off for your money.

Really? Have you used any of them? How do you know?[/quote]

Fact of the matter is this, these new designer steroids were compounds that were left to rot in some obscure textbook FOR A REASON. Either they were too dangerous, too toxic, too androgenic, etc. to be used in a safe manner. If they could be used (relatively) safely you’d see a pharmaceutical company actually taking the time to manufacture/patent some of these things.

Is it irresponsible to mislead someone with a compound that odds are hasn’t been approved for human consumption? I’d say so. Is it irresponsible to put these steroids on a shelf with no limit on the age they’re sold to? I’d say so. Is it wrong to KNOWINGLY provide improper PCT and dosing instructions, just so you can earn a couple of extra dollars from some poor sap who doesn’t know what the hell he’s taking? I’d say so.

The new designer steroids make me sick.

[quote]Schmazz wrote:
koots wrote:
dirtbag wrote:
Its not that.

Really? Have you used any of them? How do you know?

Fact of the matter is this, these new designer steroids were compounds that were left to rot in some obscure textbook FOR A REASON. Either they were too dangerous, too toxic, too androgenic, etc. to be used in a safe manner. If they could be used (relatively) safely you’d see a pharmaceutical company actually taking the time to manufacture/patent some of these things.

Is it irresponsible to mislead someone with a compound that odds are hasn’t been approved for human consumption? I’d say so. Is it irresponsible to put these steroids on a shelf with no limit on the age they’re sold to? I’d say so. Is it wrong to KNOWINGLY provide improper PCT and dosing instructions, just so you can earn a couple of extra dollars from some poor sap who doesn’t know what the hell he’s taking? I’d say so.

The new designer steroids make me sick.[/quote]

Amen.

World

I feel like I am wasting my txt here. Dam its like he just wants a single reason to try it… You know what koots, Do it up! How about you do a cycle and actually do double the recomended dosage like you could with most safer AAS products. Come back with a report on how you did. Tell us about your new man boobs and how you have the worst acne in the world or how your liver is failing and your other organs are going to shit. And that you gained 3 lbs of muscle. And tell us it was totally worth it.

I ran several cycle of MAG-10 and the original Superdrol before they were banned. I tried them in several different ways as far as time and dosing. IF you are going to insist on running the prohormones my recommendation would be to use the minimal dose needed for a 2 week on 2 week off protocol. Don’t shoot for “huge” gains rather, hope for 3-5 lbs every 4 weeks.

I will admit that I never ran any PCT (other than maybe some Alpha Male) when doing these but when I did a full blown 4 weeker of superdrol with the maximal dosage I got back pumps so bad I could barely function and I got very shut down for a few weeks after. What worked best for me was 20 mg a day split into two doses 5 days a week 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. This was the only way I could get any results without disabling myself. I also never experienced shut down.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I feel like I am wasting my txt here. Dam its like he just wants a single reason to try it… You know what koots, Do it up! How about you do a cycle and actually do double the recomended dosage like you could with most safer AAS products. Come back with a report on how you did. Tell us about your new man boobs and how you have the worst acne in the world or how your liver is failing and your other organs are going to shit. And that you gained 3 lbs of muscle. And tell us it was totally worth it.[/quote]

dick

[quote]roofus_5 wrote:
I ran several cycle of MAG-10 and the original Superdrol before they were banned. I tried them in several different ways as far as time and dosing. IF you are going to insist on running the prohormones my recommendation would be to use the minimal dose needed for a 2 week on 2 week off protocol. Don’t shoot for “huge” gains rather, hope for 3-5 lbs every 4 weeks.

I will admit that I never ran any PCT (other than maybe some Alpha Male) when doing these but when I did a full blown 4 weeker of superdrol with the maximal dosage I got back pumps so bad I could barely function and I got very shut down for a few weeks after. What worked best for me was 20 mg a day split into two doses 5 days a week 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. This was the only way I could get any results without disabling myself. I also never experienced shut down.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your experience, roofus. I appreciate hearing your honest firsthand knowledge, both the good and the bad.