Progressive overload

what I’ve found from actually DOING in the gym, rather than reading about doing stuff on the internet is that the progressive overload system works very well.

its what all the huge guys in their 30’s and 40’s use to get huge. I found the progressive overload system works and lol to anyone who says it doesnt

the progressive overload system works like this:-

1. you start doing an exercise with a certain amount of weight on the bar and do a certain number of sets and reps with it.

2. over weeks months and years you build up to doing the same number of sets and reps but using a lighter weight. As a result you get huge.

3. thats it

no, wait, I got that all wrong. Its the other way round,youre meant to use a heavier weight as time goes by doh! Sorry my mistake. But at least I’m mature enough to admit it.

darnit, thats the second time Ive done that today, I made the same sort of mistake in the GAL forum (but i’m big enough to admit that too)

wtf is this

wat

No way would that make you bigger or stronger.

Yes, if there is one thing that can be definitively stated as being a recipe for success, it is that people in their 40’s must subject their joints, tendons and ligaments to progressively heavier poundages in order to see results.

Maybe for some… but I’m hopeful that I can get the strong part outta the way when those soft tissues don’t have as much mileage on them so I can spent my “less invincible” years doing other shit that allows me to keep me running around with my kids/grandchildren down the road… while focusing on MAINTAINING a substantial degree of the strength I had in my earlier years.

I’m not saying this to trivialize the importance of increasing mechanical load over time, nor am I suggesting that “older” folk do nothing but drop and burn sets with pink dumbbells as they get older. And I am certainly not at that point yet, myself, so I don’t know wtf most of them actually do when they’re not flossing their asses with raggedy towels in the middle of the locker room while I’m trying to throw my Vibrams on.

This is, of course, unless you meant to write it’s what they useD to get huge, in which case… cool story, bro. Point me in the direction of people on this forum saying you don’t need to ever increase the weight you lift over time, and I’ll be sure to link them to this superbly-written yarn.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Yes, if there is one thing that can be definitively stated as being a recipe for success, it is that people in their 40’s must subject their joints, tendons and ligaments to progressively heavier poundages in order to see results.

Maybe for some… but I’m hopeful that I can get the strong part outta the way when those soft tissues don’t have as much mileage on them so I can spent my “less invincible” years doing other shit that allows me to keep me running around with my kids/grandchildren down the road… while focusing on MAINTAINING a substantial degree of the strength I had in my earlier years.

I’m not saying this to trivialize the importance of increasing mechanical load over time, nor am I suggesting that “older” folk do nothing but drop and burn sets with pink dumbbells as they get older. And I am certainly not at that point yet, myself, so I don’t know wtf most of them actually do when they’re not flossing their asses with raggedy towels in the middle of the locker room while I’m trying to throw my Vibrams on.

This is, of course, unless you meant to write it’s what they useD to get huge, in which case… cool story, bro. Point me in the direction of people on this forum saying you don’t need to ever increase the weight you lift over time, and I’ll be sure to link them to this superbly-written yarn.[/quote]

This was nothing but parody fail of Prof X in the “Question About Pre-Fatiguing” thread.

Like the OP pointed out he “made the same mistake in GAL”. He tried it there too and it didn’t go over.

[quote]cueball wrote:
This was nothing but parody fail of Prof X in the “Question About Pre-Fatiguing” thread.

Like the OP pointed out he “made the same mistake in GAL”. He tried it there too and it didn’t go over.[/quote]

oh, I get it now. Funny. And not pointless at all.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

Like the OP pointed out he “made the same mistake in GAL”. He tried it there too and it didn’t go over.[/quote]

oh, I get it now. Funny. And not pointless at all.[/quote]

Ehh. I’m all for parodies and making light of the apparent nonsense, I just think this one was a little forced and unoriginal. Especially since this was his 2nd attempt at it. The first one was bad and was thrown into the middle of a thread in GAL. I guess it didn’t garner enough attention so he made a new thread to try it again, then made mention of him doing it in GAL on top of it.

[quote]cueball wrote:

Damnit.

Well, I only skimmed that clusterfuck of a thread and I don’t really check GAL as diligently as I used to, so I can’t say I’m surprised it went over my head.

Thanks for spelling it out, though.

OP: I am sure that if I reread the pre-fatigue thread I will find this both hilarious and original. My apologies.

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

This is, of course, unless you meant to write it’s what they useD to get huge, in which case… cool story, bro. Point me in the direction of people on this forum saying you don’t need to ever increase the weight you lift over time, and I’ll be sure to link them to this superbly-written yarn.[/quote]

lol at the “parody fail” reference. clearly you failed to understand what I was saying. you should stop thinking you are some sort of internet e-trainer and start doing what the huge parody people do to get huge

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

no, you clearly dont get it, not at all. I see no pictures or vids of you " getting it". If you cant prove you get it, then lets face it, you havent got it

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

Ehh. I’m all for parodies and making light of the apparent nonsense, I just think this one was a little forced and unoriginal. Especially since this was his 2nd attempt at it. The first one was bad and was thrown into the middle of a thread in GAL. I guess it didn’t garner enough attention so he made a new thread to try it again, then made mention of him doing it in GAL on top of it.

[/quote]

wait… you’re all for parodies yet think this is a parody?

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

Damnit.

Well, I only skimmed that clusterfuck of a thread and I don’t really check GAL as diligently as I used to, so I can’t say I’m surprised it went over my head.

Thanks for spelling it out, though.

OP: I am sure that if I reread the pre-fatigue thread I will find this both hilarious and original. My apologies.[/quote]

your mistake was listening to cueball the internet parody “expert” . I doubt whether cueball has made a parody of anything in his life. why not listen to real parody experts instead? people who actually have done a parody for real?

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

lol at the “parody fail” reference. clearly you failed to understand what I was saying. you should stop thinking you are some sort of internet e-trainer and start doing what the huge parody people do to get huge [/quote]

DYEP?

OP, I know exactly which post they’re talking about. You posted something with like the exact some phrasing in another thread, and since you thought it was funny as shit, you decided to do it again. You’re the guy who laughs at his own jokes, even though no one else laughs.

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

lol at the “parody fail” reference. clearly you failed to understand what I was saying. you should stop thinking you are some sort of internet e-trainer and start doing what the huge parody people do to get huge [/quote]

DYEP?

[/quote]

? I dont know that acronym

This was bluebrasil’s post in another thread 15 minutes before this one:

Wait. You dont know the dibsies rule? lol Everyone knows the “dibsies” rule of gym-going. All the huge guys in their 30’s or older use the dibsies method.

stop reading what about gyms from, internet “gurus” and start doing what all the big guys did to get big i.e. using the dibsies rule

no, hold on…I was thinking of the opposite of the dibsies rule, which is commonly known as the first-come first-served rule. Forget everything I said above, Its all wrong

but hey, I’m man enough to admit that I made a mistake.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
OP, I know exactly which post they’re talking about. You posted something with like the exact some phrasing in another thread, and since you thought it was funny as shit, you decided to do it again. You’re the guy who laughs at his own jokes, even though no one else laughs.[/quote]

which part of this do you think is a joke? I dont see anyone laughing.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
This was bluebrasil’s post in another thread 15 minutes before this one:

Wait. You dont know the dibsies rule? lol Everyone knows the “dibsies” rule of gym-going. All the huge guys in their 30’s or older use the dibsies method.

stop reading what about gyms from, internet “gurus” and start doing what all the big guys did to get big i.e. using the dibsies rule

no, hold on…I was thinking of the opposite of the dibsies rule, which is commonly known as the first-come first-served rule. Forget everything I said above, Its all wrong

but hey, I’m man enough to admit that I made a mistake.
[/quote]

and you point is?

I make a mistake, I admit it and move on, like adults should. and this is a parody or a joke how?

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:
I’m a troll[/quote]

yep.