Progressive Loading

When progressively loading should you aim for the 10 rep mark before going up in weight and if you are unable to complete the ten reps on that particular weight should you stay on it until you can achieve those ten reps?

Follow a program like 5/3/1 that has this built in for you. This way you don’t have to think about it.

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
When progressively loading should you aim for the 10 rep mark before going up in weight and if you are unable to complete the ten reps on that particular weight should you stay on it until you can achieve those ten reps?[/quote]

Depends on your goals.

But yeah, if you find yourself asking really basic questions, follow a program to get the basic understanding. Like anything else in life, you can’t learn something from asking questions on the internet. Put in the time and follow the champions.

It depends what your goals are.

If I was working in the hypertrophy rep range (8-12), I would start with a weight I could only get for 8 reps. I would aim to increase my reps with this weight to 10-12. When I achieved this, I would increase the weight to a weight I can only get 8 reps with, and repeat the cycle.