3. Deadlift
  4. Pullups
  5. BB Rows
  6. Military Press
  7. BB Shrugs
  8. Dips (maybe)
  9. BB Curls
  10. Lunges (maybe)

I know they both may lead to overtraining but....maybe not. Which program is better if they are any good. Thanks

Most "true" 5x5 routines would split up your exercises to where you'd be performing squats, bench, and BB rows on monday and friday, and deadlifts, chinups, and military press on wednesday, or some variation of this. I would think what you've outlined would lead to overtraining, but then again no one can tell you what your work capacity is.

Maybe you've got exceptional recovery abilities. I'll just say that I recently tried such a large 5x5 routine and found it to be too much, even though at the time I would have sworn I was handling it just fine. It wasn't until I moved on to a different routine that I realized how much it was tearing me down. Although there is value to overreaching followed by planned recovery, this might be too much.

Also, check out the "5x5" thread currently going and search the link given near the top. That site has some of the best 5x5 information on the web.

1. Squat
  2. Bench
  3. Pull-Ups
  4. BB Rows
  5. Militray Press
  6. BB Curls *required for me
    how about this: 3x5...better? maybe add deadlifts?

Why limit yourself to a single scheme? Just take a weight you can lift 6 times and work with it until you can do 12. Add weight. Repeat. Done and done.

And you're trying to do way too much in a single workout. After you're one third into it your strength will be so shitty you won't be able to perform on the remaining two thirds of the exercises.

3x5

1. Squat
  2. Bench
  3. Pull-Ups
  4. BB Rows
  5. Militray Press
  6. BB Curls

This is too much? Thanks for the help

I was talking about your second one:

1. Squat
  2. Bench
  3. Deadlift
  4. Pullups
  5. BB Rows
  6. Military Press
  7. BB Shrugs
  8. Dips (maybe)
  9. BB Curls
  10. Lunges (maybe)

oh so how about the one i posted a sec ago? sound good? should i add dl?

I think that if you only plan on training 2x/week then it would be something like

WO1(Mon):
3-4sets 6-12 reps.

DL
Bench
inclBench
reverse curl
lateral raises

WO2(Thu):
3-4 sets 6-12 reps.

Squat
Row
Mpress
curl
tricep ext...
lateral raises

You have a few big compound exercises for overall mass and the rest you decide which isolation exercises you need. At twice per week I would do something like that, but otherwise I'd reccommend at least a 3-4 day split.

I don't think anyone said anything about 2x per week.

Here's one of the programs in the link mentioned above. This 5x5 program is fantastic for intermediate lifters.

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

This one is for advanced lifters.

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Periodized_5x5.htm

I should say, if you can make gains on the intermediate one, you should do so. "Advanced" does not mean "better." Gains come more slowly on such a long-term, periodized approach to lifting. You use periodization out of necessity, not because it's inherently "better."

Can I add 1 curl? I kinda NEED a curl, it is what I do best. Thanks for the help