Progression of GHR

Last night I did some “natural” GHR’s (my gym doesnt have a proper GHR). Usually I do SLDL’s, but after 3 weeks I thought it was time for a change. My question is how do I work up to doing sets of un-assisted reps? Should I do NGHR’s every day, like Tate says in the eight keys? Or are there other ways of working up to a complete, un-assisted set of NGHR’s?
Thanks in advance
Will42

[quote]Will42 wrote:
Last night I did some “natural” GHR’s (my gym doesnt have a proper GHR). Usually I do SLDL’s, but after 3 weeks I thought it was time for a change. My question is how do I work up to doing sets of un-assisted reps? Should I do NGHR’s every day, like Tate says in the eight keys? Or are there other ways of working up to a complete, un-assisted set of NGHR’s?
Thanks in advance
Will42[/quote]

Will,

I have used band to help me work up to a “natural glute-ham”. This was more off a lat pulldown machine but applicable to doing them off the floor.

You will need a band and a weight belt. The band size will depend on your need for assistance. Slide the band through the back of your weight belt. Do not double loop anything of the sort. Then attach the other end to a rack of post. On the lat pulldown machine we would attach them to the top and slide it forward or backward depending on the need for assitance.

Then progress to a smaller band as you build strength and less dependability on assitance. There always the option to use your hand to push yourself up but think this gives you a false sense of your effort applied. At least with the bands you can place your hands behind your back and lower yourself to the point of where your chest makes contact with the ground as this is what it will be like when you perform and un-assisted “natural” glute-ham.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Thanks for the advice. Right now I use my hands to “walk” my self up and down the movment, and was looking for a better way.
Thanks
Will42