Progression in Bench...

Does progression in bench only lead to strength/size in shoulders, or can it be the other way around as well?

I was just wondering, it seems to me that my shoulder strength (military presses, db presses) only increase when my bench increases, is this an imbalance or something??Reason I say this is because when my bench stalls, so do my military and seated presses as well.

You are one of the rare humans that use multiple muscle groups during a variety of pressing movements.

…strange

Read up on some basic anatomy and just think about your question again. See if it makes sense.

no what I mean is you guys say that if your bench has plateaued for a while, its best to focus more on shoulder work to get it progressing again, but my problem is that I cant progress in shoulder work if my bench has stalled because my bench is what seems to be increasing standing/seated military presses when it DOES progress, so whats the point in doing more shoulder work then?? does this mean I have an imbalance or something?

Do more tricep work.

when i hit plateau’s its usually means i am due for change in reps.
p.s. plateau’s usually relate to ur whole body so think about it. if not that means ur training different body parts harder or more frequent. vice versa

[quote]NeedforStrength wrote:
no what I mean is you guys say that if your bench has plateaued for a while, its best to focus more on shoulder work[/quote]

Tricep work is normally most needed.

I love benching!!!

Try some supermaximal holds and negatives on the bench.