Hello everyone, I'm new. My routine is basically every 2-3 days I do this:
1) 3 sets of 50 pushups (one with my index finger and thumb making a triangle in the middle, one with my arms close to my sides, and one with my arms far apart)
2) 1 set of 100 crunches, 2 sets 30 sets of 30 done towards each leg, then 100 full situps.
3) 3 sets of 4 rep 35 lb dumbell bicep curls.
4) 3 sets of 25 squats with the dumbells.
5) 100 cav lifts while working in 3 sets of 15 rep shrugs with the 35 lb. weights.
6) 1 set of 25 burpees, followed by 2 sets of 15 burpees to finish off in addition to some grips.
Often I replace 1) with dumbell exercises for my triceps, and chest.
The routine typically takes about 2 hours to complete, and I will often have to rest a bit between them.
I'm 25, weigh about 130lb. and 5'6". I am basically trying to increase my general strength and endurance. I don't really care about creating large muscles, as I don't want to impede my movement.
I have a few problems. First, I feel like I'm stuck at 35 lbs. I've been at it for at least 2-3 months, and still don't find them light. Secondly, I feel like my arms are much stronger than the center of my body, so I have trouble lifting and balancing things with the rest of my body. I've only been doing the burpees a short while (I used to do a set of 200 jumping jacks), and I hope to get better results with them.
I don't pay much attention to my diet really. I generally eat a few times a day, and probably too much bread and rice and meat for my own good. Also, I drink a lot of soda. I'll try to regulate this a bit, but I would be bored if I ate tuna every day.
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.