Progress

[quote]el0gic wrote:
GHOSTrun wrote:
el0gic - do you even lift? your profile stats would suggest not, your avatar would suggest you have more of an interest in cycling…

I am amazed at the replies in regards to form…

STIFF LEG DEADLIFT - Keep the knees relatively straight but not locked out, bend down and pick the fucken weight up…gees, it’s not that hard.

Thanks for the feedback anyhow, I take all advice on board =)

Right…

Point still stands. Looks like you are bending from the back and not the hips, which is going to put a lot of stress on your vertebrae. See how you feel in a couple of years.
[/quote]
What do you mean? I just bendover and pick the weight up without bending my knees.

I have an idea that from the video angle you are seeing my spinal erectors which end sharply which LOOKS like a nasty curve shrugs but yeah I don’t know how else to do a SLDL, perhaps provide me with some good video example so I can do a comparrison and see for myself what I might need to work on etc.

This is my workout till mid January:

Squats 1 x 20
Pullovers 1 x 10
Military press 3 x 6
SLDL 1 x 20 (same weight as squats)
Pullovers 1 x 10
Bent rows 3 x 6

3 times a week. Adding 2.5kg when I can complete all 20 reps etc.

You don’t need to go to the floor with each rep on the SLDL.

Try romanian deadlifts, a better option in my opinion.

Notice how straight his back stays.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
You don’t need to go to the floor with each rep on the SLDL.

Try romanian deadlifts, a better option in my opinion.

Notice how straight his back stays.[/quote]
Hmm I see… the movement is very similar to a goodmorning?

It’s similar.

The main point though is when you also do a stiff legged deadlift try to mimic that straight back. There should be no arching forward at all. Just a neutral spine.

I was talking with one of my friends and casually mentioned, “I wonder if I could front squat 2x…” and he said try it, so I did, lol

strong ass quads

Kick ass squatting, man. I tried out Bill Starr’s 5x5 program these past 9 weeks and my numbers exploded; hoping to put up 4 plates for the first time this coming week. Keep it up; I know those 20 rep sets are killers, so stick with it!