Progress: Wk 4 of 12 Wk Test Enanth Cycle

750mgs of test a week with 40mg of d-bol a day? For your first cycle?? Man, you best grow or just plain quit. I still do not understand these doses, they are way too high. And where the hell do you go from there? to 1000mgs of test an 80mgs of d-bol a day??

Not to throw out acomplishments or make myself seem like something that I am not but I placed in the top five in three national level NPC contests (one being the NPC USA;top3) as a middleweight in the late 90’s and I may have approached these doses but for the most part always used less. I was always taught that drugs are but a part of the game and that diet is the most important part. If your diet is right you do not need these rediculous doses to grow.

Bodybuilding is not a sprint it is a marathon. If you can put on 10 solid pounds of muscle a year consistently for 4-5 years think about where you will stand in 5 years. You can save $ and side efects by using less and grow just as much.

[quote]joeblow wrote:
750mgs of test a week with 40mg of d-bol a day? For your first cycle?? Man, you best grow or just plain quit. I still do not understand these doses, they are way too high. And where the hell do you go from there? to 1000mgs of test an 80mgs of d-bol a day??
Not to throw out acomplishments or make myself seem like something that I am not but I placed in the top five in three national level NPC contests (one being the NPC USA;top3) as a middleweight in the late 90’s and I may have approached these doses but for the most part always used less. I was always taught that drugs are but a part of the game and that diet is the most important part. If your diet is right you do not need these rediculous doses to grow. Bodybuilding is not a sprint it is a marathon. If you can put on 10 solid pounds of muscle a year consistently for 4-5 years think about where you will stand in 5 years. You can save $ and side efects by using less and grow just as much. [/quote]

Much thanks for your input. Not necessarily in it for a sprint, either. I move too slowly for that! You’re absolutely correct - I had some people say 500mg/week, but most said 750mg/week. But - honestly - it was a toss-up. Not that I decided it lightly, but for a newbie like me it is trial and error. So any input is highly appreciated. 750mg a week feels wonderful, but pacing is important and next time I may dial it down. And - yes - it will be cheaper!

Almost everyone I spoke with via this site and others recommended 30-40mg of Dbol with the test. And it’s safe to say I’ll never have the need to go to 80mg a day! Again, as a newbie relying on three boards for help, it becomes a judgement call. But no one recommended less than 30mg. In hindsight, the dbol water weight was heavy, so my body could probably deal with less. Live and learn, right?

Anyhow, moving foward…My body has leveled off from the Dbol weight - I’ve kept 6 of the 9 (yes, 9) pounds the dbol put on me in four weeks. We’ll see what happens from the test - eating alot, but not gorging myself. Approx. 4000calories day, very very clean diet and make up any calorie deficiency each day by adding a mass gainer shake (or two) if needed. Need to up the water intake, though, so working on that.

I’m not blamimng the op at all. He is going by what is reccomended. I just think the reccomendations are too high. And you are right you would have gotten the same muscle gain with 20-30mg of d-bol a day. You are also right in that you should take every thing you do and learn from it. Good luck in the future.

The game has changed from the 90’s to now joeblow. As big as Dorian was Ronnie and Jay make him look small. Obviously thats the extreme example but yeah now everyday “joeblow” gym rats are using probably as much gear as olypmia level guys were 20-30 years ago. There have not been that many revolutions in training and nutrition its basically higher dosing.

Up your dose lift the most