Progress Update

Pretty happy cause this Tuesday I benched 295 for 5 reps. I know that’s light for some, but being an 18 year old first year college student I’m pretty proud of myself although I have a long ways to go. I fixed up my lifting and the progress has been going great. I have a 17" arm cold now 17.5 pumped. I’m trying to get huge. I told my nutrition class yesterday that I was going to be Mr. Olympia one day. I hope so at least lol.

Well I figured I’d share the video here where people could actually aprreciate it. It’s kind of hard sharing it with people who don’t anything about lifting and numbers. Hope everyone is walking the walk and lifting hard!

4 months ago weight 213-216 arms 16ish

Now weight 223-226 arms 17ish

Now I keep mentioning arm size because that’s the only bodypart unclothed persay, and you can definately see a clear differance.

good luck to everyone’s goals again.

AB

how tall are you man?

nice job man. have you been training that rep range more or less exclusively over the last 4 months?

Nice work man, I see a difference.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
how tall are you man?

[/quote]

About 6’2"

Great job man.

That’s some nice lifting. Is that your girlfriend in the first vid?

[quote]gone heavy wrote:
That’s some nice lifting. Is that your girlfriend in the first vid?[/quote]

ha no, it’s my mom lol.

good improvements, whats with your mom spotting you though?

[quote]trextacy wrote:
nice job man. have you been training that rep range more or less exclusively over the last 4 months?[/quote]

No. Here’s what I’ve done.

May, June and mid July, I did the same old heavy weight low rep shit and my body was stagnating and burning out. Plus I was not eating good and drinking like a fish.

CLeaned up end of July when I had a self revelation so to speak and was working in the 8 rep range. I built up my 8 rep max from 265 for 8 to 280 for 7 last week. Now I’m focusing on my 5 rep max so I plan on getting 315 for 5 in the next 6 weeks or so. Then for 4 weeks I’m going to work on triples, two weeks after doubles, and max out the week after hopefully hitting something in the upper 300’s close to 400.

all this french techno is making me hungry

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
good improvements, whats with your mom spotting you though?[/quote]

well when you workout at home…

Benching 300 times five isn’t “light”…

The people who claim it is are fat as hell and use support gear and a ROM of 5 inches. These people are a joke.

Back in reality, anybody who does 5 “real” repetitions (bar taken to chest, elbows out) with that kind of weight is very, very strong.

Edit: I watched the second video. Please toss out that garbage that’s playing in the background. You’re white.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
good improvements, whats with your mom spotting you though?

well when you workout at home…[/quote]

Haha, thats kinda funny. Where was she in the second video? I always thought it was pretty bold to bench heavy without a spotter.

Anyway, props to you. My five-rep max is only 225 so far :confused:

Good work, brother.

I love your mom, she’s great.

keep it up, were at about the same level in the bench, cept im 4 years older =.

whats the track in the second video

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Benching 300 times five isn’t “light”…

The people who claim it is are fat as hell and use support gear and a ROM of 5 inches. These people are a joke.

Back in reality, anybody who does 5 “real” repetitions (bar taken to chest, elbows out) with that kind of weight is very, very strong…[/quote]

I know I’m strong. I was just making the point that this is light weight for some people and I can’t wait til it’s light weight for me.

[quote]
Edit: I watched the second video. Please toss out that garbage that’s playing in the background. You’re white.[/quote]

The beauty of a democracy, I can listen to whatever the fuck I want. I listen to a variety anyways, rock, rap, techno…

At Miki, the song is “Bm J.R.” by lil wayne

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
I know I’m strong. I was just making the point that this is light weight for some people and I can’t wait til it’s light weight for me.[/quote]

It is “light weight” for maybe 2% of the lifting population of the entire world.