T Nation

Progress (Fat Loss)

Positive responses to me posting this pick elsewhere (another thread) have given me some confidence to try and post it in here.

I apologize for the lack of posing. However, this gives you a pretty good idea of where I came from and where I am now.

The first pic is from around December 2005. the second is August 2006, and the third is around April 2007. I went from 240-250+ to 190ish in the last picture. I'm a bit heavier now at 200, but the same BF. Started eating clean in the summer of 2006. Didn't start lifting until August of '06, and didn't start really lifting until I found T-Nation in late 2006.

I never did sports. I never was very physically active in high school, and now I'm in my fourth year of college. I'm addicted to this lifestyle, and excited to see where I am in five years.

Can't see your muscles or anything but i can definately see you lost a fair amount of fat... good job keep it up

Good job on the weight loss. Being a beginner you probably still would have progressed strength wise even when dieting. What are your lifting stats?

Congratz on the great progress and weight loss, I'm sure you feel great now. Now just work on putting some muscle on for the years to come.

awful. I'm tall. I suck at bench. I'm just starting to get the hang of squats.

Bench 155x3
Front Squat 150x5
Deadlift ???? I haven't tested maxes on this in a while. last time it was 265x2. But I'm pulling around 245 for reps right now, so I'm going to assume it's higher than previously.

I feel as if I'm improving on squats and deads. Not bench. We'll see how it goes in the next few months. More work to do on form, I'm sure.

I also really want to learn how to do some oly lift variations, but have no clue how to start.

Good stuff, we all started somewhere. For me, I've always set a short and long term goal. For instance I want to be able to deadlift 600 pounds. But if I only deadlift 400 now, my short term goal will be to reach 430 pounds.

It's always kept me coming back for more as the short term goal is so close.